Homebrew GB/GBC emulator for ds

CrimzonEyed

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
What is the best GB/GBC emulator for ds out there?
ninja.gif

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I actually tried lameboy on the DSiXl and it looks fantastic.........
The problem I had on the DSL is that being the GB resolution much smaller then the GBA( and even smaller then the DS ), when playing GB games on the DSL basically you get a little square in the center of the screen....
With the XL things are.............much larger, and still , it looks smaller then the original GB ! But definitelu more enjoyable.
Lameboy by the way works great.
Every game that I tried works full speed with sound and moves silky smooth...........and Super Gameboy games also use the extra screen real estate to display the game artwork.
Definitely recommended.
On a side note does anybody know if it possible to import a custom palette, or are we stuck with the gray/green one ?

Mario92

Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Finland
Arm73 said:
The problem I had on the DSL is that being the GB resolution much smaller then the GBA( and even smaller then the DS ), when playing GB games on the DSL basically you get a little square in the center of the screen....
You tried the Y button?
rofl2.gif

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Mario92 said:
Arm73 said:
You tried the Y button?
rofl2.gif

Yeah, and I hate it when the native resolution gets stretched to fill the screen ( unless it's exactly 2x ).
I always go for the 1:1 ratio, you get too many scaling artifacts and less smooth scrolling when zooming like that.
In a way, we do get almost 2x natively on the XL, and games look as good as it gets.
And I can't see any pixelation either, surprisingly so, being GB games that old..........

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1