Hacking Gateway v2.0B2 Now Available

sudeki300

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That is really weird, just tried to go back into eshop and it went straight in with any message for an update. Well at least it's working now. Thanks...................sudeki300

redkeyboard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Restoring 6.3 image and re-doing system update successfully first time fixed it for me, eShop and Miiverse are now working fine. You should restore an image or start the EmuNAND over (backup your saves on the SD card first ofc) and try again :0

Oh wait, unless you mean SysNAND, not sure what you can do then :/

I just updated the 3DS on SysNand and it worked fine.

APurpleCow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question about eshop: I want to buy Phoenix Wright+DLC, and I heard that if I have to format emunand and update my system version all I'd have to do is back up my SD card to still be able to play it, but I'm not sure if I'm supposed to download the game in gateway mode or classic mode?

Saturosias

thank
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question about eshop: I want to buy Phoenix Wright+DLC, and I heard that if I have to format emunand and update my system version all I'd have to do is back up my SD card to still be able to play it, but I'm not sure if I'm supposed to download the game in gateway mode or classic mode?

Just do everything in GW mode unless you're running retail cartridges. And you don't have to backup the SD card, you can, but you can also just redownload at no charge.

kkurapika

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was on 7.0 emuNAND with 2.01b loader
I deleted that loader and put 2.02b on the SD card.
then I formatted my emuNAND, and updated to 7.1.

when I try to access the eshop, it goes as far as the screen where you enter your Nintendo club ID then on the next screen it hangs.

for someone who has eshop working, what was your exact process you followed?

ehnoah

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I simply made a EmuNAND (4.2) and updated to 7.1 and then you should access the EShop well, maybe you should restart. Or maybe it is SD Card based ? I have a pretty expensive SD Card and this one works like a sharm.

But absolutely no Clue just Idea sorry.

kkurapika

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just tried the eshop from classic gw mode and it works. is that how you are supposed to use eshop with gateway? from the classic mode?

Drenn

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Classic or Gateway mode, it doesn't matter for the eshop. The only difference is that classic mode runs retail cartridges.

Steena

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
So with EmuNAND 6.0.0+ the KeyY for 6.0.0 savegame encryption will be wrong but it will be consistently wrong. Which for you means, that 6.0.0+ saves made in EmuNAND 6.0.0+ will always work on EmuNAND 6.0.0+, even if you update pokemon. You just won't be able to use that save on SysNAND 6.0.0+ systems.

But would it be possible for nintendo to play around with that savekey encryption and make the 6.00/7.00 versions incompatible with 8.00, or 9.00, or higher (whatever version may come with said supposed change)? Or are further system updates unable to play around with those anymore, for existing old games?

tyons

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
But would it be possible for nintendo to play around with that savekey encryption and make the 6.00/7.00 versions incompatible with 8.00, or 9.00, or higher (whatever version may come with said supposed change)? Or are further system updates unable to play around with those anymore, for existing old games?

they wouldn't do it simply to not anger some hundreds of millions players around the world, lol

Drenn

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Whatever Nintendo does with savegame encryption, it will remain consistent for any given game. It must, or else they will be corrupting legit savegames on legit consoles. If they change encryption again, it will only take effect in newer games.

Steena

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Whatever Nintendo does with savegame encryption, it will remain consistent for any given game. It must, or else they will be corrupting legit savegames on legit consoles. If they change encryption again, it will only take effect in newer games.
they wouldn't do it simply to not anger some hundreds of millions players around the world, lol

Makes sense, stupid of me to ask that. Thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/_NsOxG2zwWA?si=oK21qVNxgd98AyJT