Gateway updating query

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by p2user, Nov 25, 2015.

1. p2user
    OP

p2user Member

Newcomer
    Jun 20, 2014
    I want to update to the newest GATEWAY ULTRA v3.5.1 so my daughter can play the newer games.

The Gateway launcher screen currently is showing i'm using gateway ultra v3.1.1 on my orig 3DS on firmware 4.5.0-4E and emunand is showing GW3D 8.1.0-4E.

What is the best way for me to update and not to loose the save games i have already? As I'm not sure if i have to use the format emunand before i find the way to update the firmware to 10.3 ? Do i update via wifi or a by a game?

Anyone can shed some light would be great.

2. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Guru

May 11, 2008
    United States
    Copy the launcher.dat from 3.5.1 onto your SD card so it replaces the one already there. Go into emunand, then settings, and verify that you're in emunand (it will say GW before your system version). Update over WiFi from the system settings (if you have confirmed you're in emunand!). It will reboot you to your normal sysnand when it's done. Go back to emunand to verify you've updated.

3. p2user
    OP

p2user Member

Newcomer
    Jun 20, 2014
    Thanks - let hope i dont run into problems :D

4. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    Just whatever you do, don't go into Settings, then exit, then go back in again, as you'll be booted back to SysNAND. Once in Settings, don't exit until you've updated. Good luck :-)

5. p2user
    OP

p2user Member

Newcomer
    Jun 20, 2014
    Will bear in mind, as i have created a folder called G for emunand as a quick safe guard.

Lacius and Quantumcat like this.
  6. p2user
    OP

p2user Member

Newcomer
    Jun 20, 2014
    just to report all went well :) thanks for everyone's help

Lacius likes this.