Hacking Gateway site update

Status
Not open for further replies.

loco365

Trophies
XP
That one guy has sexy nails too :mellow:

I am actually starting to feel rather bad for Gateway users. Like to have paid for a cart and still being forced to out-of-date crap like Menuhex, well free users have new stuff just doesn't seem right. I am not even mocking or being sarcastic, I am actually really sad to see that it's taken this long for people who actually paid for this product to get this kind of treatment!
There's some stuff that GW users get that CFW users don't, and I'm not really complaining. Granted I don't use my Gateway much (Or my 3DS for that matter...), but the Gateway team really should get their asses in gear.

Reactions: VinsCool

cooroxd

Dirty Pirate
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I am actually starting to feel rather bad for Gateway users. Like to have paid for a cart and still being forced to out-of-date crap like Menuhex, well free users have new stuff just doesn't seem right. I am not even mocking or being sarcastic, I am actually really sad to see that it's taken this long for people who actually paid for this product to get this kind of treatment!

I am disappointed at people who bought a sky3ds and uses it as is and don't even bother downgrade and installing cfw because of their brickphobia

Reactions: hobbledehoy899

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
I am disappointed at people who bought a sky3ds and uses it as is and don't even bother downgrade and installing cfw because of their brickphobia
I bought it and use it as is, but there are only 3 games on it:
- Cubic Ninja
- Zelda OoT
- and recently Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon

All have an entrypoint for HBL
- CN -> N3DS 9.2
- OOT -> N3DS 10.7
- PSMD -> O3DS 10.7

And i have 1 original CN for O3DS 9.2

Right, i have A9LH on all my systems ;)

:)

trigao

Ninten
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
It will be awesome if gw team finds a workaround to get. 3ds files runs directly from sd card, of course with a9hl

ZoNtendo

Trophies
XP
Country
They wouldn't ever do that for it'll kill any reason to buy the fucking flashcard, and we already have installable .cia files anyways.
typical pirate. The Gateway card is now for real hacker (Fast try&retry with rom-hack as .3ds) (awesome cheat code support)
For rom-hacker, install cia to see what happens in the game at each time -> boring.

If you just want to play with your pirated shit, don't buy it, don't touch it.

Without the GW team, we cannot have any CFW.

Traiver

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That just show how irrelevant Gateway is.
Well that's your opinion. Gateway is my only first flashcard since 2014 and I'm super happy with it. Plus they're noob proof. It's one of the best flashcards I've ever seen (Of course the old DSTWO too) and they're well known now and sold much of these units.

We know, that gateway will support the flashcard at any time since 2013. So the own GUI for A9LH is coming and will change much on GW firmware.

hobbledehoy899

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Gateway = Quality
CFW = Instability
Oh man, A9LH, Luma3DS, Decrypt9, EmuNAND9, and Uncart are all so unstable. They only boot and work 100% of the time! And isn't it a damn shame that I can play Game Boy Advance games on the latest firmware version without having to install them twice?
They will see how the Gateway team will beat all CFW fag whan they will release their thing.
oh boy it will be so great when "soon" becomes "now"

ZoNtendo

Trophies
XP
Country
Oh man, A9LH, Luma3DS, Decrypt9, EmuNAND9
Decrypt9, EmuNAND9 = Homebrew
But it's nice, you seem like to know, Luma3DS is an CFW.

I use Decrypt9, and I have a GW....

Don't be mad because you can't have a Gateway, and you pay absolutely nothing to play.

Gateway rom dumper>Uncart

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
gateway was the gateway for all current CFW's without them you would probably not have any CFW's right now, seriously if you love CFW so much go marry it :P

but sure gateway are slow and old but you dont just put your grandfarther down because you can run faster they can still contribute to the scene, they have been the innovators for a lot of stuff so they have my respect for that even if they are now pretty much beaten in 90% of things by CFW's they still chug along and provide updates despite the fact that i don't think anyone would blame them if they quit today

hobbledehoy899

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Decrypt9, EmuNAND9 = Homebrew
Thanks for stating basic information.
But it's nice, you seem like to know, Luma3DS is an CFW.
That it is, and so is Gateway.
I use Decrypt9, and I have a GW....
But do you use it to back-up your sysNAND?
Don't be mad because you can't have a Gateway
I'm not mad at all! In fact, I'm rather quite glad I don't, it means that I can have an R4 DS flashcard be in the slot instead.
and you pay absolutely nothing to play.
And why should I feel moral/guilt-tripped by you? It's not like any of the money you paid for your Gateway went anywhere close to Nintendo.
Gateway rom dumper>Uncart
I'd say they dump at around the same speeds (despite what others have claimed), it's just that Uncart works in modular situations/set-ups.

Last edited by hobbledehoy899,

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
well.. GW ended for me but not that I don't think it's pratic ... I mean, it's not needed anymore but we can't say that it's not useful , right? xD
But since I was without a 3DS I borrowed my GW to a friend, and he got his packback stolen, with the 3DS, my GW and a lot of his stuff .3.
Since they are very expensive here and still without a 3DS I don't plan getting a new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: ballcock