Hacking Gateway Resellers Sweden

Joenny

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello fellow gbatemp members I am thinking of buying a gateway card, and im located in Sweden however according to their homepage.

http://www.gateway-3ds.com/resellers.html

The only reseller in sweden is shop01media.com and they seem to be out of stock everytime I check it seems. Since I have found the card on other swedish sites like digitalboxen and 24.se

And I was just wondering if there are any other fellow swedes in here that has bought from other sites and can confirm if the card was a fake or not. Since I read on their homepage.

"* Some places are selling Gateway 3DS clones, pretending they are genuine Gateway 3DS cards. Fake cards often come as clone-cards with a (fake) gateway sticker slapped on."

bkifft

avowed Cuthwaldian
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hello fellow gbatemp members I am thinking of buying a gateway card, and im located in Sweden however according to their homepage.

http://www.gateway-3ds.com/resellers.html

The only reseller in sweden is shop01media.com and they seem to be out of stock everytime I check it seems. Since I have found the card on other swedish sites like digitalboxen and 24.se

And I was just wondering if there are any other fellow swedes in here that has bought from other sites and can confirm if the card was a fake or not. Since I read on their homepage.

"* Some places are selling Gateway 3DS clones, pretending they are genuine Gateway 3DS cards. Fake cards often come as clone-cards with a (fake) gateway sticker slapped on."

The thing about this clone scare: a clone would have to be (from software) an indistinguishable 1:1 copy in order to work using the official GW software (encrypted/authenticated FPGA communication). In other words: If it works with the launcher.dat from GW's own website, it's a genuine GW.

In my own (unprovable) opinion that "Oh noes clones!" was just a red herring in regards to genuine bricks.

And while I can't give you any advice on a trustworthy Swedish retailer: as long as you pick one where you can return defective items (and a GW not working with the original software qualifies as defective) you'll be fine.

Joenny

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well I read a review of the MT-Card on ds_scene and this is some of it

The MT-Card is not that good of an alternative to the Gateway 3DS. It has poor 3DS ROM compatibility and the only real pro is the MultiROM support.

Pro's:
  • MultiROM support
  • Bundled with NDS flashcard
  • Bypasses the regionlock
  • Skips update sections of games
Cons:
  • Poor 3DS ROM compatibility
  • Non springloaded microSD slot
  • Only useable on 3DS firmware 4.1.x - 4.5.x
  • Limited online play
  • Profile settings exploit must be used again when you turn the 3DS off

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Well I read a review of the MT-Card on ds_scene and this is some of it

The MT-Card is not that good of an alternative to the Gateway 3DS. It has poor 3DS ROM compatibility and the only real pro is the MultiROM support.
Was it written for MT 1.1? You can see in my signature that I own one, too and here are my comments:
Pro's:
  • MultiROM support
  • Bundled with NDS flashcard Like GW
  • Bypasses the regionlock like GW
  • Skips update sections of games like GW
Cons:
  • Poor 3DS ROM compatibility if they mean that GW has a poor ROM compatibility: it's equal to GW's
  • Non springloaded microSD slot Not a con; the spring could break
  • Only useable on 3DS firmware 4.1.x - 4.5.x like GW
  • Limited online play like GW
  • Profile settings exploit must be used again when you turn the 3DS off like GW

Xirok66

Trophies
XP
Country
I did also order my GW card from shop01media.com. And there were no problems at all, fast shipping, received my card the day after I ordered it.

Streeve

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bought mine from Digitalboxen in very late December.

What does differ it from others is that both cartridges had stickers on them to the right, saying:

Z G D

年 (year) 月(month) 日(day)

The fields to those are unfilled however.

Anyone elses cards that came with these stickers, or am I currently possessing clones?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: good morning everyone