Gateway related questions

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by cmpunk94, Jun 3, 2015.

1. cmpunk94
    OP

cmpunk94 Member

Newcomer
    Oct 12, 2014
    Romania
    I have imported a australian New 3DS XL(9.2.0) last year and I was curious about buying a gateway card especially because of the japanese games I can play on it.

I don't have neither OoT nor Cubic Ninja but I read that on a recent update that you can boot into gateway mode without needing any of these two. My question is can I still play DS games from my R4 card after I install the new NVRAM? Also can I still play my original retail games without the need of emunand? If not how can I backup my save files and continue to play where I left off?

I'm sorry if these questions were asked 1000 times before but this is the only thing that's keeping me from buying a gateway card right now :)

Last edited by cmpunk94, Jun 3, 2015
  2. Kawaii

Kawaii GBAtemp Regular

Apr 30, 2015
    New Zealand
    Not near you
    You will need cubic ninja or OoT once to install the hack. You wont need it afterward
    Yes, u can play ds game without breaking the hack. Theres a method to make the hack stick involving changing colour or profile name in ds setting menu.
    If it breaks u dont have to worry either once u have the hack installed (mset downgrade). You can just reload the nvram hack using your ds cart