gateway real time save

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by darinhe, Jul 27, 2014.

1. darinhe
    OP

darinhe Member

Newcomer
    Jul 11, 2014
    Hi,

Is there any hot keys to enable real time save on gateway or is it impossible for now?

2. IronClouds

IronClouds GBAtemp's Pok├ębro

May 8, 2010
    United States
    Define "real time save."

Forget that. There is no hot key function for anything in-game through Gateway or any other cart (unless you define "hot key" as the multi-ROM button on the MT-Card).

3. Ryft

Ryft GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 21, 2013
    United States
    Illinois
    Don't get confused by the way... real-time save does NOT mean savestates. It simply means Gateway writes the .sav file to the sd card in real-time instead of having to close the application like it was before.

4. Abcdfv

Abcdfv What comes around goes around.

Dec 24, 2013
    United States
    It only does that with NANDsave games like Pokemans and AC. Card 1 is still exit to push to SD

5. CFallenleaf

CFallenleaf GBAtemp Fan

Mar 19, 2010
    United States
    Yea its just more efficient now. You can power down instead of using home and x. But you still can use home and x too

6. Abcdfv

Dec 24, 2013
    United States
    I truly don't recall the last time i powered down my 3DSXL. Home+X doesn't really bother me, usually if I exit a game I'm gonna play another one, be it when I take it out of sleep, or just straight to it.

7. CFallenleaf

CFallenleaf GBAtemp Fan

Mar 19, 2010
    United States
    I power mine down because i use it infrequently. I use it at least 10 times a week but too far and few between to jist put it in sleep since keeping it on the charger in sleep can hurt battery life by overcharging. Well unless you are using your dock which keeps it from overcharging(i think?).

8. Abcdfv

Dec 24, 2013
    United States
    I had thought it stopped itself from overcharging? My chargelight turns off when the battery is full.

9. CFallenleaf

CFallenleaf GBAtemp Fan

Mar 19, 2010
    United States
    Yea i thought so too but i had a buddy that had a 3ds break on him. Wouldnt power on. Sent it in, ninty fixed it and told him it was because he overcharged it.

Edit: I do realize that li-ion batteries are virtually impossible to overcharge. Just saying what ninty told him. So apparently it can happen in a few imperfect li-ion batteries