Hacking Gateway Questions

Beaps

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi Guys just got two quick questions

1. Where car I find the FW for the Gateway 1.2 FW (its not available on their site)
2. How do I backup the NAND
3. Are there any emulators available yet i.e Snes. MD etc

Thanks

clemull

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica
1/2You need GW 2.0b2 FW for Emunand
3.Not at the moment. (Homebrew(Emulators..etc) for 3ds has not been developed yet )

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Just use b1 for nand backup and you can use b1 for emunand but keep it on 4.x emunand, you will have the improved compatibility I.e a link between worlds but a little bug with saving....very occationally it will crash when you exit a game, if you save and exit frequently is shouldn't be an issue, I'm using it and only ever crashed twice

GorTesK

Mad Hatter
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
if you dont need emunand (only for eshop access), then you can just stick to 1.2, if you really want emunand for some reason, but dont need eshop access, then go for 2.0b1
in both cases go to the gatewaydownload page and copy the download link of 2.0b2 and replace the file name with either
GW_Release_1.2.zip
or
GW_BETA_RELEASE_2.0b1.zip

keep in mind though, that 2.0b1 has some bugs, sometimes freezing on starting gw mode and sometimes freezing on leaving a game, thus not ssaving properly
to prevent the save issue, start GW mode, enter the game, leave it via HOME -> Exit
if game freezes, repeat procedure, if it doesnt freeze and leaves game properly, then there is no save bug and you can keep playing and saving as long as you dont restart GW mode or shut down console, then you have to repeat the procedure
and always remember to leave every game via HOME --> exit or else gateway might not transfer your save file onto the micro sd card, meaning it wont save

Reactions: Euwlo

Beaps

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
All I can say is WOW, what a helpful forum this is. So many members willing to help out THANKS :bow:

Beaps

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Also can I ask....

Why not just use the latest GW firmware if you bought it from a GW 100% Recommended Supplier, is there still a chance of it bricking my console?

xjamesbx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Right, Zelda doesn't work with 1.2. I think at the bare minimum you need 2.0b1, but that's safe to use (if you can get over how buggy it is).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, :creep: