Hacking How to access the gateway menu and backup system nand?

Status
Not open for further replies.

apollooo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
do i use the blue card or the red card?

on the tutorial it asked me to :
1) Launch the Gateway menu and select the "BACKUP SYSTEM NAND" option. Follow on screen instructions to start the backup operation. This requires a minimum of 1GB free space on the Nintendo 3DS SD card, and will take approximately 10 minutes. Every console has a unique NAND image and if you accidentally update the onboard system NAND then there is currently no known way to restore back to 4.5 through software means. The only recovery option is to restore via hardware using the backed up NAND image as a last resort. So please make sure you physically copy the file created by our tool from the SD card to your computers hard drive.

but when i boot gateway mode in my 3ds using the red card, it shows a gateway logo on the screen, then boot up the old 1.2 mode. i tried the blue card and the only option is too install the GW firmware.

i know this is a stupid question, but the install instruction isn't really clear. any help would be appreciated.

apollooo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nah, it turns out i just have to press L. delete this please. sorry for the inconvenience

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool