Gateway Questions (A9LH/Luma)

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Skeet1983, Sep 20, 2016.

1. Skeet1983
    OP

Skeet1983 GBAtemp Addict

Apr 22, 2012
    United States
    Somewhere, out there...
    I have a N3DS with A9LH and Luma installed on it. From what I have been reading on here, people are saying that GW is now useless. I mainly use my GW still because my games are in .3DS format and I also like using the GW cheats. Is it worth switching to a different method for what I want to do? Here are my questions and concerns:

- Can my .3DS format games be converted to .CIA?
    - For above question, what size mSD card is recommended? Can A9LH/Luma be transferred to another mSD card?
    - Can GW cheats be converted to another cheat format?
    - Can GW Saves be converted for use with .CIA format games?

Thoughts/help on all this appreciated :)

2. metroid maniac

metroid maniac An idiot with an opinion

May 16, 2009
    You can convert games and I'm fairly certain you can convert saves, but if you have a lot of games it's going to take so long that you might as well just stick with Gateway.

3. retrofan_k

retrofan_k GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

May 31, 2013
    Belarus
    Caves
    1) Yes
    2) You decide, I use 64Gb and 128Gb on my consoles. A9LH is not copied, it's flashed into the Nand. You only need luma's arm9loadhax.bin on the root and it's folder on the SD card, so yes they are transferable.
    3) I think so.
    4) Same as above.

4. Skeet1983
    OP

Skeet1983 GBAtemp Addict

Apr 22, 2012
    United States
    Somewhere, out there...
    Ok, thanks :)

I know there is a new 3DS Firmware update out, but have not updated yet because people are saying that Gateway Multi-game menu doesn't work with it. Is Gateway aware of this situation and is there hope for a fix? I have tried emailing them, but no response...

5. retrofan_k

retrofan_k GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

May 31, 2013
    Belarus
    Caves
    11.1 breaks mulit-rom, etc, so stay on 11.0. GW could be looking into it, who knows? Normally, a quick fix is normally out now to address the menu.

6. NazoXIII

NazoXIII Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 10, 2008
    United States
    That's got me a bit worried, the new firmware has been out for a week now, this is the longest gateway has taken to fix a menu break, usually within 2 days there was a quick fix Launcher release.
    I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt that they were about to push a major update before this happened to explain the delay.