• Views 48,600
  • Replies 238
  • Likes 2

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
mine is a little bit slower(like maybe max of 10 seconds longer but usually its just the same), but barely anything worth complaining about considering it fixes something many where saying would be the end of gateway :lol:

one more thing i have noticed emunand fails to boot a little bit more frequently but still it used to be like 1/20 boots now its probably a little higher maybe like 3/20...again hardly something to cry about....but maybe im just noticing more as im messing about with the rom decryption stuff

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
mine is a little bit slower(like maybe max of 10 seconds longer but usually its just the same), but barely anything worth complaining about considering it fixes something many where saying would be the end of gateway :lol:

one more thing i have noticed emunand fails to boot a little bit more frequently but still it used to be like 1/20 boots now its probably a little higher maybe like 3/20...again hardly something to cry about....but maybe im just noticing more as im messing about with the rom decryption stuff

The only slow down I noticed with emunand was the first boot into emunand from updating to 8x all boots after that work just as quick as booting into system and any other, I really have not noticed any difference actually I think it is better now tbh. I am using an 8GB Verbatim but whether that makes any difference, not sure. Also no problems as yet with booting have had no fails, touch wood :)

From the GW sign going counted 11 seconds until emunand boots up. Don't know if that is quick or not but I'm sure the other emunand before this update took longer. :)

SirByte

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
"* Emunand 8.x boots up slower.
We have observed this too for some brands of SD cards. We suggest our users to try a different brand or a faster SD card."

this is probably because of the ridiculous, obscene amounts of obfuscation in the launcher now. the obfuscation is one of the mains reasons the size of the launcher doubled. it's so much worse than in 2.0b2, 2.1, or 2.2.

The sad part is that even if we'll ever see some anonymous "GW.Launcher.23b.DeObfuscated.Turbo.Edition.3DS-NoGroup" nobody will ever dare to use it for fear of hidden bricking code. Besides, it'll just be an open invitation for zillions of other clone cards to arrive.

TheJinKazama

Trophies
XP
Country
Not been on here for a while but I always check the site for updates. I'm using 2.2 happily and have been for a while. I've never needed to use EmuNAND. With the release of 2.3 I'm considering updating and I'm wondering if I should start updating (correct word?) EmuNAND. Aside from being able to play the latest games, why else should I update? I've read some comments (possibly nonsense) stating that if we don't update to 8.x EmuNAND we could be locked out of using a future Gateway update when Nintendo switches to 9.x. Is this a possibility? If so I would update instantly.

Note I am not interested in playing online.

Thanks

Skyrider

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Not been on here for a while but I always check the site for updates. I'm using 2.2 happily and have been for a while. I've never needed to use EmuNAND. With the release of 2.3 I'm considering updating and I'm wondering if I should start updating (correct word?) EmuNAND. Aside from being able to play the latest games, why else should I update? I've read some comments (possibly nonsense) stating that if we don't update to 8.x EmuNAND we could be locked out of using a future Gateway update when Nintendo switches to 9.x. Is this a possibility? If so I would update instantly.

Thanks

eshop is usable now as well (updates, youtube, etc). As for the other part.. Never heard of such thing, clearly I missed something.

Don21

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yes im at eshop right now, Just did the update. Was a little bit nervous but it worked out well.

i want to use eshop but it tells me to enter my nn id. Can i just use my original nnsid?

thanks

Doran754

Conform comrades
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i want to use eshop but it tells me to enter my nn id. Can i just use my original nnsid? thanks
No, It's tied to your other 3DS. I've had to make another NNID aswell.

Ive never heard the nonsense about 9.x encryption either, lots of clairvoyants and pyhchic people on here i guess lol, Upto you If you want to get emunand or not, if you don't you wont be able to play online, play the new games, get the updates you might need etc

Reactions: Don21

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
There's basically no reason to NOT install an EmuNAND. Just do it and update to the latest firmware within EmuNAND. You'll save yourself a whole lot of hassle later.

Livin in a box

Livin' in a cardboard box
Trophies
XP
Country
Nooby question yes, but I might as well ask - is there any way yet to dump my Pokémon Y save from a retail cart and play it from a ROM dump on Gateway?

kingsora831

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nooby question yes, but I might as well ask - is there any way yet to dump my Pokémon Y save from a retail cart and play it from a ROM dump on Gateway?

Yes, you must dump the whole rom.
Then extract the Save from the dump as well as the header and place both your dumped header and save in the rom.
Or just use the your dump and save urself some time lol.

If you used the game on a 6.x+ System then there is no current way to use your save.
If you used it on your gateway in classic mode then just do what i wrote above.

lukands

I took the little bus here
Trophies
XP
Country
Estonia
So I can be cheap and use the same microSD card?
The reason this is because I currently have only 1 gateway card but want to update my other brand new 3ds just in case.

Livin in a box

Livin' in a cardboard box
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, you must dump the whole rom.
Then extract the Save from the dump as well as the header and place both your dumped header and save in the rom.
Or just use the your dump and save urself some time lol.

If you used the game on a 6.x+ System then there is no current way to use your save.
If you used it on your gateway in classic mode then just do what i wrote above.

Dammit, I did use it on a system above that version...I heard there's some save announcement that Gateway are working on, could that be related to this or something else?

kingsora831

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dammit, I did use it on a system above that version...I heard there's some save announcement that Gateway are working on, could that be related to this or something else?

I have no idea, just gonna have to wait and see.
I Suggest going over to this thread
http://gbatemp.net/threads/pokemon-x-y-flashcard-community-saves.364150/

Use one of the saves here and get access to the pokemon you cant on your retail cart and just transfer over the pokemon from your retail cart to the new save.
You'll have to lose your progress but you gain some unobtainable pokemon in return.
Or just wait to see if 6.x saves are ever implemented for GW use.

TheJinKazama

Trophies
XP
Country
So I've updated to 2.3b and also I've got EmuNAND working for the first time. Aside from not updating before entering Gateway mode, is there anything else I have to look out for which could do damage to my system?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto