• Replies 238
  • Likes 2

Doran754

Conform comrades
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So I've updated to 2.3b and also I've got EmuNAND working for the first time. Aside from not updating before entering Gateway mode, is there anything else I have to look out for which could do damage to my system?

No, just make sure you see the GW3D before doing it, It's also advisable once you have updated your emunand to go back into sysnand and delete any internet settings it has remembered (they will be retained on emunand) so it will be pretty hard for you to accidentally update your sysnand.

TheJinKazama

Trophies
XP
Country
No, just make sure you see the GW3D before doing it, It's also advisable once you have updated your emunand to go back into sysnand and delete any internet settings it has remembered (they will be retained on emunand) so it will be pretty hard for you to accidentally update your sysnand.

Thanks, I've done that now. How do game updates work? Are they downloaded automatically or do I have to do it manually?

Rizzorules

"What are you doing?" "Something unexpected."
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I asked about save edition and they answered this:
We have our own upcoming 'Cheats' solution coming. It will be a proper,
efficient and professional solution. Safe and more advanced than gimmicks based
on cloned/stolen code.
Please be a little more patient, you will be delighted by what we will offer. As
you know, no one beats the original :)

I think this will be done in a couple of weeks.

The only features that are missing at least for me are:
Gba/Dsi support ---- They are working on it
Super Smash Bros support---- It should work in 2.3
Pokemon Omega-----
Screen capture-----

noki@

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks, I've done that now. How do game updates work? Are they downloaded automatically or do I have to do it manually?

You can download them manually from the Estore, To find them you can go to "search" and look for any items between free and 0 and it will show you all the updates, though saying that there is only a few games that have updates.

Even if you don't have a game(that needs updating now) but you think you might play it in the future its worth downloading the update anyway just in case Nintendo updates their firmware... Again make sure you are in Emunand before even attempting to go to the Eshop

Doran754

Conform comrades
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
go to the eShop and type in 'update' in the search bar, download any updates for available for any games/roms you have. Or just download all the updates available for every game :D your choice.

Reactions: octopus

noki@

Trophies
XP
Country
I asked about save edition and they answered this:
We have our own upcoming 'Cheats' solution coming. It will be a proper,
efficient and professional solution. Safe and more advanced than gimmicks based
on cloned/stolen code.
Please be a little more patient, you will be delighted by what we will offer. As
you know, no one beats the original :)

I think this will be done in a couple of weeks.

The only features that are missing at least for me are:
Gba/Dsi support ---- They are working on it
Super Smash Bros support---- It should work in 2.3
Pokemon Omega-----
Screen capture-----

If they have cheats then I hope it won't work online, that what spoiled Mario Karts game play on the NDS
Can't you play GBA games on a supercard DSTWO?

Reactions: Blueie

Rizzorules

"What are you doing?" "Something unexpected."
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
If they have cheats then I hope it won't work online, that what spoiled Mario Karts game play on the NDS
Can't you play GBA games on a supercard DSTWO?
Im sure (hope) they will not work online, i think they didnt told us how to play online with scene dumps because they were scaried of bans.
Yeah i also can play Gba games on my psp, wii u, computer, r4, iphone etc but i include this feature because i think that with this feature it would be the most complete product also there is a lot of people that is ambassador but they dont have a Ds two

Reactions: Ryanrocks462

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Im sure (hope) they will not work online, i think they didnt told us how to play online with scene dumps because they were scaried of bans.
Yeah i also can play Gba games on my psp, wii u, computer, r4, iphone etc but i include this feature because i think that with this feature it would be the most complete product also there is a lot of people that is ambassador but they dont have a Ds two
plus they like to be able to claim 100% compatibility.....the ambassador titles are kinda damaging that XD

Reactions: Rizzorules

lucoia

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Tomodachi Life still freezes on boot with 2.3b for me, also my 3DS froze in game twice today too when I was playing Rune Factory 4 with the new firmware.

Anybody else?

JCR1

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I have 2 questions, where the updates of the games get stored and it can be deleted if i wish?

And when the updates of the console are downloaded? Anytime with the internet active or just when enter to the eshop?

JCR1

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
And more questions, if with an nintendo update stops work gateway emunand on the new version i know that is best is stay in working emu, can i continue playing online with the previus emunand? Or is obligatory the update to play online?

Nepeta

:33
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
So, even with this update, I'm still unable to open Tomodachi Life. It just sits at the "nintendo 3ds" screen. I mean, it was a black screen before/on 2.2 though so I guess something has changed at least?

Wildblood

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
So, even with this update, I'm still unable to open Tomodachi Life. It just sits at the "nintendo 3ds" screen. I mean, it was a black screen before/on 2.2 though so I guess something has changed at least?

Might it have something to do with the SD card? Gateway did say some types seemed slow - perhaps so slow they become problematic. If you have a spare Class 10 lying around, why not give it a shot?

Don21

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I had a strange problem. My ds couldnt get into gateway anymore after i download all the updates.
That was frustrating didnt know what was going on. Just did a whole new format the sd cards and put all back again.
Now the first time i went to gateway mode it stucks and i had to power off. After the 2nd time it got into gateway but after 30 seconds.

I have 2 mSD cards from Samsung EVO. Dont think thats the issue

peloi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Using Transcend class 4, 3-5 seconds booting in, no in game slow down so still happy, don't have a higher class to test.

Wildblood

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I had a strange problem. My ds couldnt get into gateway anymore after i download all the updates.
That was frustrating didnt know what was going on. Just did a whole new format the sd cards and put all back again.
Now the first time i went to gateway mode it stucks and i had to power off. After the 2nd time it got into gateway but after 30 seconds.

I have 2 mSD cards from Samsung EVO. Dont think thats the issue

If you only had the problem after installing emunand, then it cound very well be an SD problem. Does gateway work fine without emunand?

Reactions: Don21 and OuahOuah

Hypnotoad

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
- Updated Omega 2.2 >>> 2.3b

- updated emunand from stock 4.x >>> 8.1.0-19u

- backed up another copy of my system nand (just to be safe)

- and everything seems to be running perfect :toot:

Reactions: OuahOuah

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: lemme ask in forums