• Replies 238
  • Likes 2

GorTesK

Mad Hatter
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
so guys.. is it stil advisable to update to 2.3b and emunand 8.1or should I just stay with v2.2 since it seems much more stable and I won't go online.

if you dont need eshop (for game updates or purchasing games), then you dont need to update

edit: BUT it wouldnt hurt to backup your current emunand, update to 2.3beta, update emunand and make a backup of that emunand and then, if you want, you can just put the 2.2 launcher.dat back on your sd and inject the older emunand, that your previously backed up... if you want to ^^
can`t hurt to just HAVE a 8.x emunand backup in case, it might become handy in the future and if ninty releases a new fw, then you cant get it anymore

Reactions: OuahOuah

GorTesK

Mad Hatter
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Don't forget latest games (7.x encryption) :P.

is it actually confirmed, that gateway can`t just "spoof" that? or is it just an assumption? I have some backups of my NAND/EmuNANDS (4.5, 6.3, 7.0, 7.1, 8.1), so I could technically test out, if it`s really necessary to be on a 7.x+ emunand for the 7.x encrypted games on latest 2.3b gateway firmware

qUaK3R

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Updated Emunand last night, everything working just fine. Now my question is, whit this GW update, what should I play? I've been hearing a lot about tomodachi life, but I think I'm not gonna like it.. I don't even understand what that game is.

Wildblood

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I wish Gateway would say which SD cards seem to be doing the best. Mind you, afaik, the 3DS doesn't support UHS - which means you're capped at 10MB/s read/write, no?
There's a beautiful Sandisk 95MB/s out there...but if it's not supported, it might be best to just grab a cheap 16GB or 32GB card, with 30MB/s speeds (still way more than is supported).

MichiS97

"Leftist snowflake milennial"
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I wish Gateway would say which SD cards seem to be doing the best. Mind you, afaik, the 3DS doesn't support UHS - which means you're capped at 10MB/s read/write, no?
There's a beautiful Sandisk 95MB/s out there...but if it's not supported, it might be best to just grab a cheap 16GB or 32GB card, with 30MB/s speeds (still way more than is supported).

Mine writes at 30 MB/s and it works perfectly with GW

EDIT: Takes a heck of a lot of time to boot 8.1 tho

Reactions: Wildblood

Wekker

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
is it actually confirmed, that gateway can`t just "spoof" that? or is it just an assumption? I have some backups of my NAND/EmuNANDS (4.5, 6.3, 7.0, 7.1, 8.1), so I could technically test out, if it`s really necessary to be on a 7.x+ emunand for the 7.x encrypted games on latest 2.3b gateway firmware

I have searched about EmuNand Tool, but couldn't figure out what it does exactly. Does it mean that with the EmuNand Tool i, i can backup/restore the EmuNand on the SD card?

Don21

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi, When i first updated the ds with gateway i already did make a backup of a nand? Was that the sysnand?
My question is do i need to make an backup again with emutools before updating to the newest version?
Do I also need to do Format Emunand? When i start the ds and i go to profile ds. I see gw.4.5....

Thank u so much for helping me out. Thanks to gateway and all the testers

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
You only make a NAND backup when you use the option in the gateway menu.
If you see GW3D 4.5 in the system settings, then you're running emunand from the SD card.

Reactions: Don21

Wekker

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi, When i first updated the ds with gateway i already did make a backup of a nand? Was that the sysnand?
My question is do i need to make an backup again with emutools before updating to the newest version?
Do I also need to do Format Emunand? When i start the ds and i go to profile ds. I see gw.4.5....

Thank u so much for helping me out. Thanks to gateway and all the testers

Are you on the Omega version of Gateway3DS? iF not , before you go update your emunandf, please search for a turtorial for this...

EDIT:
here is a usefull link if you havent update to Omega version yet.

http://www.maxconsole.com/maxcon_forums/threads/278794-GUIDE-Step-By-Step-Gateway-3DS-Installation

This allow you to see which Nand is booted right now.
Make a folder in SysNand and named it SysNand.
Make a folder in EmuNand and named it EmuNand.

darksweet

5.. 4.. 3.. 2.. 1.. OMEGA FLARE
Trophies
XP
Country
so this is the same 2.3b version where you need gateway card to actually work in latest 8.1 firmware?

Don21

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Just got the gateway 2 months now. thanks Wekker for waking me up and Darksweet for the quick response. I am already on omega 2.2 and got some games for it. so from what i read i just replace the launcher and install it again. Do any of you suggest doing a backup? I did already an backup of the NAND.

I heard people also backup their emunand. Is that neccesary for me?
I never went online i tried with MK7 but i couldnt needed to update. Now is my chance to try it out.

Wekker

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Just got the gateway 2 months now. thanks Wekker for waking me up and Darksweet for the quick response. I am already on omega 2.2 and got some games for it. so from what i read i just replace the launcher and install it again. Do any of you suggest doing a backup? I did already an backup of the NAND.

I heard people also backup their emunand. Is that neccesary for me?
I never went online i tried with MK7 but i couldnt needed to update. Now is my chance to try it out.

Version 2.3b is a beta version, the public release is the same beta version that was released to the beta testers.
I havent update mine yet. But from what i have read about, you only need to replace the launcher.dat on your sd card.

You cant go online without changing game header. http://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-use-scene-dumps-with-gw-2-2-online.365829/

Reactions: Don21

CFallenleaf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mine writes at 30 MB/s and it works perfectly with GW

EDIT: Takes a heck of a lot of time to boot 8.1 tho
Am i the only person not having an issue with the loading time? Mine seems to go faster than before actually. It used to take like 10 seconds and now ive clocked it at an average of 7-10 seconds.

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Am i the only person not having an issue with the loading time? Mine seems to go faster than before actually. It used to take like 10 seconds and now ive clocked it at an average of 7-10 seconds.

Not timed mine, but mine seems fine as well. Does not seem to take an excessive amount of time to boot.

I will time it next time I use it, see how long it actually takes.

Doran754

Conform comrades
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

I wouldn't say mines faster but It's certainly not any slower than it was before. I guess It's just tempermental.

I'm surprised nobody's making a big deal about them formally saying they're going to try and get GBA titles working. I think It's pretty damn good news.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto