Hacking Gateway or Sky3ds?

mightywii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How does the GW and Sky3DS handle game patches? Say if I have either card and I want to play SSB and my 3DS is connected to Wi-Fi..... I could see game patches being applied to emunand but how (if at all) do patches get delivered to the Sky3DS running the game? Or does neither card support game updates from Nintendo?
With Gateway, you install on emuNAND. With Sky3DS, you install on the sysNAND.

andre104623

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dude let's be real. It's not parents buying these devices. It's the stingy gamers. There are probably one or two cases of cool parents who may have bought this for this kid, but it is more likely a kid who stole their parents credit card who buys flashcarts or a stingy adult.
Oh really I'm a parent of 2 and I bought a sky3ds and 2 gateway 3ds cards this year and I'm planning on buying a other gateway card after new years.

donkeymilk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dude let's be real. It's not parents buying these devices. It's the stingy gamers. There are probably one or two cases of cool parents who may have bought this for this kid, but it is more likely a kid who stole their parents credit card who buys flashcarts or a stingy adult.

I find this a bit hilarious considering I've spent almost $1000 on Sky3DS carts, Gateway carts, and exclusive edition 3DS XLs for my kids in the last month.Can't imagine I'm the only one.

Oh and I bought myself one of those limited edition 3DS XL NES versions at gamestop a few weeks ago because I liked it. Since I'm more of a retro gamer. So, $1200+.

"CoolDad"(TM)

Reactions: ElYubiYubi
D

Deleted User

This doesn't mean shit to me. There is way to much drama in the hacking scene, everyone wants to make a name for themselves by being the only person who knows something, and everyone has a chip on their shoulder about something that gets in the way of working together toward getting this stuff figured out. I won't believe a single word that comes out of these "devs" (many of which have nary an exploit to their name) until I see the results.

Except most devs DO have credibility on this matter, just take a look at 3dbrew. You can stay ignorant if you want, and you probably will until you actually see sky3ds blocked.

However for the rest of us that actually want to make a thought out decision about Gateway vs sky3ds, all signs are pointing that Gateway will be around longer than sky3ds ...

Reactions: emo kid 68

NoSmokingBandit

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can't argue that logic. If a guy somewhere said something that one time without any actual proof to back it up it is obvious an inerrant fact and must be carved on the Holy Stone Plates of Wisdom (tm) never to be questioned again.

All hail that guy that said the thing. May the gods reward him with long life and many children. All glory to the hypnotoad. Let the gods smite all who question the lack of evidence, for only those with blind faith may enter the kingdom of 3dbrew. Remove from the me shackles of curiosity and skepticism that I may be vacuously credulous. Continue with your own brand of nonsense if you are still reading at this point, I'm going to bed.

Reactions: SLiV3R

drozee78

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hold on a second, It hasnt been confirmed that the lower firmware version theyre expanding the compatibility is 8.x. It could be 7.x for all we know. If you want to buy your kid something he might be actually play before Christmass the sadly I would suggest a Sky3DS. If its not meant for this Christmas and the kid can wait then definitely go with GW, even though they said in an email that support for lower firmware is coming later. So first theyre gonna release the 9.0 - 9.2 the the lower firmware version. Dont take my word but thats what ive read.

so it doesn't support 8.2? ugghh. i'm so confused.
scared to get the sky3ds and have it be unusuable after 9.5

decisions... decisions... decisions

Livin in a box

Livin' in a cardboard box
Trophies
XP
Country
This doesn't mean shit to me. There is way to much drama in the hacking scene, everyone wants to make a name for themselves by being the only person who knows something, and everyone has a chip on their shoulder about something that gets in the way of working together toward getting this stuff figured out. I won't believe a single word that comes out of these "devs" (many of which have nary an exploit to their name) until I see the results.
Even if he is having us on, I do find it highly unlikely that Nintendo simply won't be able to patch it... But I suppose we won't actually know until it happens.

And my card has just been sent anyway even though I emailed to cancel, which is just fantastic... New3DSCard don't appear to have a way to cancel anything on their website :/

ghfghf7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
to the person that said being able to detect the sky 3ds is not the same as being able to block it. thats pretty much just not true, keep in mind ive no idea how the 3ds code actually looks but something like this would kill it pretty quick
onLoad()
if checkValid(Slot_1)!=true; powerOff;//or break() display error and force shutdown since they are professionals ect but it seems pretty simple

Arithmatics

I'll be holding on to you. ;}
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
I find this a bit hilarious considering I've spent almost $1000 on Sky3DS carts, Gateway carts, and exclusive edition 3DS XLs for my kids in the last month.Can't imagine I'm the only one.

Oh and I bought myself one of those limited edition 3DS XL NES versions at gamestop a few weeks ago because I liked it. Since I'm more of a retro gamer. So, $1200+.

"CoolDad"(TM)

I still hetchu.

Groovy93

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Soo, as there are already several threads like this I won't open a new one: I'm also thinking about getting a 3DS flashcard for christmas. Problem: I'm on 9.3 unfortunately - never give your 3DS to anyone <____<" So Sky3DS seems the only option, at least for now. My question: Are we able to edit Sky3ds save files? (PKHex e.g.) Or maybe some time in the future?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Soo, as there are already several threads like this I won't open a new one: I'm also thinking about getting a 3DS flashcard for christmas. Problem: I'm on 9.3 unfortunately - never give your 3DS to anyone <____<" So Sky3DS seems the only option, at least for now. My question: Are we able to edit Sky3ds save files? (PKHex e.g.) Or maybe some time in the future?
unlikely, but if you know someone with a gateway you could probably just forward them your save and header info and get them to edit it and then re-inject it....or the community saves *might* work, but i seen a few threads with people saying the save dumping and loading on the sky3ds tool is a bit dodgy and corrupts saves and stuff

fuzzdawg11

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could someone post a link to a RELIABLE source/tutorial on how to tell whether a 3DS rom is legit? My fear is that I write a modified ROM to a cart. Also, are 3DS roms erasable from the SKY3DS cart?

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could someone post a link to a RELIABLE source/tutorial on how to tell whether a 3DS rom is legit? My fear is that I write a modified ROM to a cart. Also, are 3DS roms erasable from the SKY3DS cart?

You will never be able to write a modifie ROM to a cart, just to the sd. If it doesn't load than the rom is bad.

Arithmatics

I'll be holding on to you. ;}
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia

yes tey are erasable. about a tutorial, just confirm it's SHA checksum mate

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

The drama starts with questions that can't be answered, questions that have already been answered, the complete blow up of why GW hasn't release there update for 9.2-9.0, members arguing which card is better and cursing the opposing cart to hell, when the hype train has no more chug.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Even if he is having us on, I do find it highly unlikely that Nintendo simply won't be able to patch it... But I suppose we won't actually know until it happens.

And my card has just been sent anyway even though I emailed to cancel, which is just fantastic... New3DSCard don't appear to have a way to cancel anything on their website :/

Ultimately, anything Bandit says should just be ignored. He's blindly bashing anyone with credibility because his precious card will only go so far. It's not a matter of "if" it can be patched.. but "when". Anyone with sense knows that it will be.

Reactions: gamesquest1

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Abosutely, Sky3ds. Without game limitation, the Sky 3ds can support and the latest version9.4.0-21, and i think it always updates very fast.

so it doesn't support 8.2? ugghh. i'm so confused.
scared to get the sky3ds and have it be unusuable after 9.5

decisions... decisions... decisions

Check there website, is it that hard.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning