Hacking Gateway Omega Feedback

Are you Satisfied with the Omega Firmware?

• Yes! It does everything I want

Votes: 65 66.3%
  • Yes...I have some complaints, but I still recommend it

Votes: 28 28.6%
  • Not yet...still unreliable

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • No! It's a disaster

Votes: 4 4.1%

• Total voters

Naridar

Excelsior!
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Online support would be great, some games lack a great chunk of their content this way: Pokémon (good thing I have an original cartridge), Bravely default (had to download a savegame to get enough villagers, abilink is right out), Mario Kart, Street fighter, and so on. Other than that, 2.1 is stable, reliable and hasn't frozen on me as much as once.

yondaiime

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Online feature is for sure a priority right now. After achieving that, gateway is nearly a complete 3DS retail experience. My bet is that gateway team will reach that, since we can already access some online features (like e-shop), so It might just be a matter of time.

KidIce

Smart Ass
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't want to argue the on-line support w/ the people that want it, but if you want on-line you really need to go legit. I'm not being preachy and telling you to buy your games because of morality, I own a Gateway. I'd just like to point out the ban hammers that have happened on other systems that were hacked. Nintendo may be behind the times when it comes to security when compared to the rest of the industry, but they will get this shit figured out eventually and the strength of security on the 3DS has shown a massive improvement and shows that they are really stepping up their game. I suspect shortly after you get your on-line support you will be asking for a way to get your 4.X 3DS un-banned.

And consider that you will likely be banned from all on-line services: eShop, Spot Pass, MiiVerse, etc. On-line would rock, but I have a strong feeling that ultimately it would end in tears for us Gateway users.

Commoner

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm still getting this issue where trying to launch out of region games will require you to enter the Parental 4 Digit Code even if you disable game restrictions under Parental Restrictions.

This is problematic as I want the Parental Code enabled to prevent accidental updates or purchases but do not want to have to enter the code whenever somebody wants to play out of region games. This behavior persists regardless of whether you run emuNAND and real NAND.

I have had this issue since Gateway 1.2 with a pair of USA 3DS XL that came with firmware 4.5. The issue affects both console units.

Other than this annoyance though, I am pretty happy with The Gateway 2.1 Omega release.

dubbz82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't want to argue the on-line support w/ the people that want it, but if you want on-line you really need to go legit. I'm not being preachy and telling you to buy your games because of morality, I own a Gateway. I'd just like to point out the ban hammers that have happened on other systems that were hacked. Nintendo may be behind the times when it comes to security when compared to the rest of the industry, but they will get this shit figured out eventually and the strength of security on the 3DS has shown a massive improvement and shows that they are really stepping up their game. I suspect shortly after you get your on-line support you will be asking for a way to get your 4.X 3DS un-banned.

And consider that you will likely be banned from all on-line services: eShop, Spot Pass, MiiVerse, etc. On-line would rock, but I have a strong feeling that ultimately it would end in tears for us Gateway users.

There's also the idea that maybe Nintendo doesn't feel the need to punish it's potential customers, whereas Sony/MS do.....for all we know, Nintendo may just have a policy of not console banning in hopes of at least some eshop/retail game sales on exploited consoles.

Ultimabuster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I am generally satisfied. Everything it does it does well.

However, there are a few things I would like to see eventually:
Save transfers from retail carts
Online multiplayer support for roms
A more streamlined way to use the red card (I.e. Not have to run the exploit from a DS card and then run another exploit to finally get your roms working)
Better saving (so that saves aren't lost if you save ingame and then sometime later it runs out of batteries or you don't close the game)

If it had these features it would be perfect for me, but as it is it still works great and I have no complaints other than the save system and lack of online.

Retrievil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Unlikely, but what does it matter if they do. Go online. If you get banned, you buy a new 3DS and go legit. No worries about getting a 4.5, you can just pick one up anywhere for $179. If you bought a Gateway you have thousands of dollars worth of 3DS games for around $100 investment. You'll still come out way ahead if they ban you.

KidIce

Smart Ass
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They most likely dont have the ability or even know how for that matter

I suspect this to be the case... Or rather they didn't have a way to detect hacked Wii's and DS flash cart usage and never banned them for such. They did ban people cheating at Mario Kart, didn't they? They aren't all candy sprinkles on rainbows. So the bans could be coming if they've figured out how to detect it this gen.

Anyway... I'd love to see the GW get to level that the DS carts got to (cheats, RTS, etc), but I'm pretty pleased even at this point. In the short term I'd like a way to get back to the GW menu w/o having to re-run the exploit. While it's not frequent that I need to get back into the menu, it be nice to be able switch from GW mode to classic or to test a dump and then dump a new one w/o the rigmarole.

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wouldn't say I have complaints, but while it satisfies me there's still stuff I'd like to see that isn't there yet, from DSIware support to being able to dump cart saves.

5. I'd like to see the time restriction lifted from 3D playback.

What time restriction?

bartimeaus91

Stanza Blot Burls Rocks. Meaningless? Maybe not.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What time restriction?

There's a 10min limit of 3D video record/playback.

This will only be achievable via a CFW. Homebrew will not make it possible at least not by Smealum's SSSPwn. (at least not to my knowledge of what the 4.x and SSSPwn respectively does)

Thankfully recently we've seen several new dev/hackers that are making some real progress with real world applications instead of just showing off how smart they are.

Reactions: tbgtbg

hundshamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What time restriction?
When converting 3D movies for playback on the 3DS, you have to split them into 10 minute chunks. I would love to be able to convert movies and not have to split them. Hence the 10 minute time restriction on 3D playback.

Reactions: tbgtbg

yabbitboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Voted "Yes...I have some complaints, but I still recommend it"

I would either hope for their next update to have either a downgrade option or a rom select menu like the one from the blue gateway card - I am only saying this as I am still having to press "select and "a" repeatedly [ up to 2hours non-stop] until a game successfully loads for me.

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, I thought you meant the games were turning 2D on you after that time, lol, I don't do much with movies on my 3DS, so I kinda forget about that sorta thing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill