Hacking Gateway multi-rom

maharito

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm looking everywhere to find out what the latest news is on support of 3DS update versions. I haven't been following this closely at all, I know Gateway 1.0 doesn't support beyond 4.5.x, I'm confused whether this Gateway firmware revision is going to require or somehow involve a new card version (or neither), and this all seems like extremely pertinent information not stickied in any remotely popular forums.

Not complaining, but this clarification is going to be super-important if Gateway suddenly gains another level of popularity and flood of buyers with the next major release. I could easily end up looking forward to or even buying something my up-to-date 3DS couldn't use and then get chewed out on the forums for not "knowing something basic"; and so could hundreds or thousands of others getting inadvertently burned. I'm just hoping that doesn't happen.

Abcdfv

What comes around goes around.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought the actual team wasnt in china
Since GW was saying that 2.0 would be released after New Years in December, when it didn't come in the first week of January now everyone is speculating that they meant Chinese New Year.

lonesome_killer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
as off-topic as i'm being right now: why do you (and so many other people) care whether this guy manually writes his sig or not?
nobody tells Another World off for doing it but for some reason everyone keeps giving this guy a hard time for it... just ignore the extra line of text...
Because grammar has rules. Rules are made so you are able to identify aspects such as the beginning of a sentence. Signatures are done a certain way. Either you put them in the signature block, or you space down and sign your name.

What if everyone started making their own rules? I'LL TYPE like this AND YOU CAN JUST IGNORE it if you don't like IT#*(*(*(*(@#()$(@)^*()$*I()^#*)_(@#)$()_lonesome killer

Seriously, it wouldn't bother me that much. I use a profanity filter and block phrases that annoy me on sites that I frequent. But since his is different every time I can't just block 1 instance. I'd have to set up a filter for every single post he made. So yes, it's extremely annoying.

Another world makes his sig like this:

-another world

So I can make a filter "-another world" and it blocks it. All I see is a blank space. Sudeki300 ties his into a word with no space, the filter does not recognize it. Then we have to take time to realize every single post where he's finished talking and his signature starts so we can stop reading invaluable information. It's annoying to people brought up with proper grammar.

Crass

Rock me Dr. Zaius
Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
United States
Because grammar has rules. Rules are made so you are able to identify aspects such as the beginning of a sentence. Signatures are done a certain way. Either you put them in the signature block, or you space down and sign your name.

What if everyone started making their own rules? I'LL TYPE like this AND YOU CAN JUST IGNORE it if you don't like IT#*(*(*(*(@#()$(@)^*()$*I()^#*)_(@#)$()_lonesome killer

Seriously, it wouldn't bother me that much. I use a profanity filter and block phrases that annoy me on sites that I frequent. But since his is different every time I can't just block 1 instance. I'd have to set up a filter for every single post he made. So yes, it's extremely annoying.

Another world makes his sig like this:

-another world

So I can make a filter "-another world" and it blocks it. All I see is a blank space. Sudeki300 ties his into a word with no space, the filter does not recognize it. Then we have to take time to realize every single post where he's finished talking and his signature starts so we can stop reading invaluable information. It's annoying to people brought up with proper grammar.

Just wow. All of this effort and emotion over a fucking signature, get a life.

Reactions: redact

lonesome_killer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just wow. All of this effort and emotion over a fucking signature, get a life.

It starts with the signatures. Then why have grammar in school? Why can't a kid write his papers the way HE wants to? Why are there rules about double posting? Who cares, let me double post and you can just ignore it? Do you understand what would happen if everyone can do as they please because you can ignore it if you don't like it?

:grog:

wulfei

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I wonder if it ever comes out.
I really thought this whole thing only takes a few more days after the bricks occured.
Im a bit amazed at GW that they can sit this one out. It would have been the perfect card with emunand, pokemon and multirom.

It starts with the signatures. Then why have grammar in school? Why can't a kid write his papers the way HE wants to? Why are there rules about double posting? Who cares, let me double post and you can just ignore it? Do you understand what would happen if everyone can do as they please because you can ignore it if you don't like it?

:grog:
Sorry to tell you but we are not in school here.
I dont think you can compare it to a double post. For me the signature is not annoying. More annoying are some pictures that are alot bigger than the posts on some forums.
If the majority and the admins think this is ok then you need to accept it or make your own forum. Really no reason to get so much upset about this, its ridiculous.

justinkb

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I agree with lonesome killer.

It's pretty retarded to end all your posts like this............nickname.

That is all.

lonesome_killer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the majority and the admins think this is ok then you need to accept it or make your own forum. Really no reason to get so much upset about this, its ridiculous.
I'm not upset. Someone asked why do people care about signatures like that and I simply gave my reasoning as to why. People can have different opinions and that doesn't mean they are mad or bashing the other side.

And you may not be in school, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't follow standard grammatical procedures. It's what separates us from animals :teach:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: horny jail is full la