Hacking Gateway latest update (help with the new features needed)

Aglae Pheryl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi folks,

I see (I know I'm late) that there have been a couple of updates during the winter holiday break.
I suppose it's the same as usual, that is replace the launcher file on the SD card.

But I have seen a couple of features I (and you too I'm sure) have been expecting : cheats & homebrew.
Any drawback so far with these ?

I will try to explain my kids how they work but first I need to understand it myself. Could someone explain the dumbass that I am how they work and how to set them up ?

BTW, one of my kids has a N3DS also running a Gateway (not sure what Emunand he's on though), but is it still unsafe to let him go onto Internet to update Emunand now ? What's the latest safe version he can go to (and what game to use to bring him up there) ?

Thanks again.

Cheers,

Deleted member 331788

Trophies
XP
Country
Latest safe emuNAND is 9.5 for New 3DS

Also here's a video on how to use cheats

This is for Badge Arcade, but you get the idea.

If you visit the gateway 3ds website they have listed two sites, which are full of codes.

Basically you copy the code to a text document and save it under the games ID (if you are unsure what the game id is, just launch the game and bring up the cheats menu. It should display the ID in the top right on the bottom screen) and then copy it to the Micros SD card for your Gateway card, in a folder called cheats.

Quick Guide....
1. Create a new .txt file

2. Add your cheats codes for your console and region
e.g.

[EU N3DS - Always Have 5 Practice turns]
D3000000 30000000
26825FDC 00000005

[EU N3DS - Always Have 5 Real turns]
D3000000 30000000
2646BECC 00000005

3. Save the file as the game's id e.g. 0004000000153600.txt

4. Put the file e.g 0004000000153600.txt in to your cheats folder on the Gateway 3DS micro SD Card

5. If you don't have a cheats folder, create one on the root of the micro SD Card

6. Put the micro SD Card back in to your Gateway 3DS card

8. Open the Gateway menu by pressing select on your 3DS

9. Press up on the D-Pad to bring up the options menu

10. Set the Ingame menu button i.e to Start + Select ...so you can activate the cheats menu

11. Press B, and select your game. If you game is a CIA that already installed on your console, just press B again.

11. Launch the game

12. Once loaded and at the title screen etc press "Start + Select" to active the cheats menu

13. Select Configure Cheats

14. Select your cheat e.g. "EU N3DS - Always Have 5 Real Turns" and press A

15. Press B and then B again or select Exit

Last edited by Deleted member 331788,
Reactions: Aglae Pheryl

Deleted member 331788

Trophies
XP
Country
If you don't use Homebrew Launcher and are happy booting in to Gateway the way you currently do, then do nothing.
The 3dsx files are for Homebrew Launcher ...it's just another way to boot into Gateway.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sak is a fishy pineapple