Gateway Kingdom hearts not reading save

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by rusty_train, Jul 17, 2015.

1. rusty_train
    OP

rusty_train GBAtemp Regular

Mar 25, 2013
    Hello, for easier use i dumped my Kingdom Hearts DDS game and save, however the save is not showing when i load up KH my save is not there, i did rename the rom though, but would that really affect it?

2. Xenon Hacks

Xenon Hacks GBAtemp Guru

Nov 13, 2014
    United States
    Don't rename the rom and don't change the extension from 3DS to 3DZ

3. rusty_train
    OP

Mar 25, 2013
    didnt change just rename, should i rename the sav?

4. VerseHell

VerseHell GBAtemp Psycho!

Jun 29, 2014
    France
    What is the save size ?

5. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    To make this work, the ROM extension needs to be .3dz, the save size needs to be 512 KB, and the save has to be renamed to the Title ID of the game.
    If the save size is anything other than 512 KB, GW won't recognize it. You can use SaveDataFiler in CFW (I used PastaCFW for this but you can use whichever one you want, they'll all let you run SaveDataFiler) to dump the save from the cart, then SDF in GW mode to import it to the ROM version, and it will be converted to the right save size and header. This is the only universal solution that works for any game (as long as you aren't trying to read a 6.x save on a 3DS that has a < 6.x sysNAND)
    He has to change the extension for it to use his own header and save.

6. rusty_train
    OP

Mar 25, 2013
    ahh forget it ill start over, wasnt very far in, and 3rd or 4th play through

7. Gadorach

Gadorach Electronics Engineering Technologist

Jan 22, 2014
    Canada
    Canada
    Basically, if it's a personal dump, you need to make sure the game is in .3DZ format, and the save is named properly for the game. Kingdom Hearts DDD is "000400000008D300.sav", so make sure it's named correctly, and on the root of the 3DS SD card, or Gateway will not mount it.