Gateway is planing Gba Vc support

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by TheZoroark007, Jan 27, 2015.

1. TheZoroark007
    OP

TheZoroark007 MK7 CT creator

Apr 2, 2014
    Gambia, The
    Lake Constance
    I sent them a mail about Gba Vc support and this is their answer:
    [​IMG]

Margen67, MrJason005 and nastys like this.

2. Veho

Veho The man who cried "Ni".

Former Staff
    Apr 4, 2006
    Croatia
    Zagreb
    From now on auto-replace any timeframe they give you (such as "soon", "any day now" and "just around the corner") with "eventually" because this "soon" business is driving everyone crazy.

On a related note, please don't start yet another "how soon is soon" debate, it's been done to hell and back in several other threads already.

3. thaikhoa

thaikhoa GBAtemp Maniac

Sep 16, 2008
    SOON™

4. tony_2018

tony_2018 GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 3, 2014
    United States

Why you insist on playing these retarded GW waiting games is beyond me. If you can't really see what they are doing then just sell the card, or build a team to compete with GW.

5. jagerstaffel

jagerstaffel GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 20, 2008
    United States

I think a re-title of the thread is in order. According to that screenshot they said "as soon as we can", not "as soon as possible". Far as we know anything is possible, whether or not Gateway can at the moment is the most important part, as I'm guessing they are busy with other things, such as *cough* New 3DS support.

6. Stingart

Stingart GBAtemp Regular

Feb 2, 2008
    Netherlands
    Not me. I've played some games made by Blizzard. Those guys are famous for SOON™ If you're new to the SOON™ then you simply haven't been around the block. (I sound so hostile :lol:)

sergio_prado likes this.
  7. StarPlatinum

StarPlatinum Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 22, 2014
    Italy
    I've seen a similar question elsewhere with the same answer, I'm pretty sure you can ask them if they plan to support Moon Landing with a GW and they will answer the same question.
    Unless is the next feature isn't even worth thinking about it.

8. bkifft

bkifft avowed Cuthwaldian

Jun 10, 2010
    Gambia, The
    exactly. SOON™ just denotes a time between now and the end of all existence.

Also consider Blizzards legalese disclaimer footer on press releases:
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

garyopa, misterb98 and Veho like this.
  9. TemplarGR

TemplarGR Gaming expert

Sep 2, 2011
    Greece
    Who cares about VC? Seriously...

Gateway is used by PIRATES. Pirates can play every gba game they want on almost any device they want using emulators. Gba is not resource intensive to emulate, and most smartphones can do it easily.

Why would you need the limited GBA VC selection on the 3DS?

Other features like proper New 3DS support are MUCH MORE IMPORTANT...

GotKrypto67 and oji like this.
  10. Arras

Arras GBAtemp Guru

Sep 14, 2010
    Netherlands
    Because not everyone has a smartphone, most smartphones don't have buttons and having more features on one device is great. Also, in my experience emulated somehow never feels quite as smooth as proper GBA (or 3DS GBA VC since that basically runs like it is a GBA) because of frameskip or something, idk. Of course they'll probably prioritize new 3ds support for now, but saying "I don't need it so no one does" is a bit eh. Also, once Gateway supports GBA VC we'll probably be able to inject our own ROMs and run almost any GBA game.

Also, they said "GBA support in the firmware update after this one" 5 months ago, back at 2.4 or something. So this "soon" basically means fuck all.

Margen67 and sblast3 like this.
  11. guitarheroknight

guitarheroknight 1.6180339887

Nov 9, 2014
    Croatia
    Grand Line
    How about no? There are plenty of people who bought GW for the region free feature and the fact that you can backup all your games on a single card. Playing modded and using custom roms is also a neat feature that GW offers.

As you may or may not know there are also lots of ways to backup a GBA game and the fact that someone wants to play them on their 3DS doesnt mean theyre pirating.

So next time before you start pointing fingers, take a moment and think before you speak :teach::whip:

Deboog and Margen67 like this.
  12. HEX1GON

HEX1GON YEEEEEERRRRRRSSSSS

Nov 20, 2014
    Victoria
    Posting email responses could be typed or mocked up by anyone. I don't believe them at all.

MrJason005 likes this.
  13. wbsddgg

wbsddgg Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 31, 2014
    Switzerland
    蓝星
    GW gonna support GBC,GBA,GB,FC,SFC,MD,PS,SS,PSP,PSV,PS3,WII,X360 ... BUT new3ds !!

Mr.GW, cant u try some REAL efforts to keep ur words about new3ds ? fark that ,

thaikhoa likes this.
  14. Duo8

Duo8 I don't like video games

Jul 16, 2013
    Oh good they're finally fixing that.
    I wonder what broke it in the first place.

15. thaikhoa

thaikhoa GBAtemp Maniac

Sep 16, 2008

Hey it will be coming soon, I just said that.

16. DjoeN

DjoeN Captain Haddock!

Oct 21, 2005
    Belgium
    Somewhere in this potatoland!
    GW should focus on finnishing that other project first, before starting other projects.
    - N3DS support as promised!

[EDIT]
    Ok, seems GBA and DSiWare are old projects :D

wbsddgg likes this.
  17. Arras

Arras GBAtemp Guru

Sep 14, 2010
    Netherlands
    5 months ago. This "soon" doesn't really mean anything (and neither does any other of their soons, really).

18. BORTZ

BORTZ Don't pretend you aren't impressed

Supervisor
    Dec 2, 2007
    United States
    Pittsburgh
    I mean I hope they do this well. Seeing as some of the SNES emulators run pretty smoothly on 3DS already. It would be great to play GBA games on that big screen with little to no studders.

Margen67 likes this.
  19. Duo8

Duo8 I don't like video games

Jul 16, 2013
    I feel like they're doing everything at once, focusing on whatever they can get done the fastest.

Margen67 and MrJason005 like this.
  20. thorasgar

thorasgar Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™

Jul 3, 2010
    United States
    Well considering the 3DS's processing capabilities are vastly more powerful than anything on the Apollo missions you could go to the moon with a 3DS AND play Lunar Lander at the same time. It is likely just around the corner™

zfreeman, Margen67 and StarPlatinum like this.
  21. TemplarGR

TemplarGR Gaming expert

Sep 2, 2011
    Greece
    So, let me get this straight: Gateway should prioritize GBA VC because out of the 1% of gamers without a 3yr old smartphone, PC, Tablet, PSP, GBA, but only a 3DS, a small portion of it wants to play a decade year old handheld roms instead of currently published games?

LOL

xBleedingSoulx likes this.