ZlDzEU4.png

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
From now on auto-replace any timeframe they give you (such as "soon", "any day now" and "just around the corner") with "eventually" because this "soon" business is driving everyone crazy.

On a related note, please don't start yet another "how soon is soon" debate, it's been done to hell and back in several other threads already.

jagerstaffel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From now on auto-replace any timeframe they give you (such as "soon", "any day now" and "just around the corner") with "eventually" because this "soon" business is driving everyone crazy.

On a related note, please don't start yet another "how soon is soon" debate, it's been done to hell and back in several other threads already.

I think a re-title of the thread is in order. According to that screenshot they said "as soon as we can", not "as soon as possible". Far as we know anything is possible, whether or not Gateway can at the moment is the most important part, as I'm guessing they are busy with other things, such as *cough* New 3DS support.

D

Deleted User

Not me. I've played some games made by Blizzard. Those guys are famous for SOON™ If you're new to the SOON™ then you simply haven't been around the block. (I sound so hostile :lol:)

Reactions: sergio_prado

StarPlatinum

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I've seen a similar question elsewhere with the same answer, I'm pretty sure you can ask them if they plan to support Moon Landing with a GW and they will answer the same question.
Unless is the next feature isn't even worth thinking about it.

bkifft

avowed Cuthwaldian
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
exactly. SOON™ just denotes a time between now and the end of all existence.

Soon: Copyright 2004-2015 Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. All rights reserved. "Soon" does not imply any particular date, time, decade, century, or millennia in the past, present, and certainly not the future. "Soon" shall make no contract or warranty between Blizzard Entertainment and the end user. "Soon" will arrive some day, Blizzard does guarantee that "soon" will be here before the end of time. Maybe. Do not make plans based on "soon" as Blizzard will not be liable for any misuse, use, or even casual glancing at "soon."

Also consider Blizzards legalese disclaimer footer on press releases:
Cautionary Note Regarding Forward-looking Statements: Information in this press release that involves Blizzard Entertainment’s expectations, plans, intentions or strategies regarding the future are forward-looking statements that are not facts and involve a number of risks and uncertainties. Blizzard Entertainment generally uses words such as “outlook,” “will,” “could,” “would,” “might,” “remains,” “to be,” “plans,” “believes,” “may,” “expects,” “intends,” “anticipates,” “estimate,” “future,” “plan,” “positioned,” “potential,” “project,” “remain,” “scheduled,” “set to,” “subject to,” “upcoming” and similar expressions to identify forward-looking statements. Factors that could cause Blizzard Entertainment’s actual future results to differ materially from those expressed in the forward-looking statements set forth in this release include, but are not limited to, sales levels of Blizzard Entertainment’s titles, shifts in consumer spending trends, the impact of the current macroeconomic environment, the seasonal and cyclical nature of the interactive game market, declines in software pricing, product returns and price protection, product delays, retail acceptance of Blizzard Entertainment’s products, competition from the used game market, industry competition and competition from other forms of entertainment, rapid changes in technology, industry standards and consumer preferences, including interest in specific genres such as real-time strategy, action–role-playing and massively multiplayer online games, protection of proprietary rights, litigation against Blizzard Entertainment, maintenance of relationships with key personnel, customers, licensees, licensors, vendors and third-party developers, including the ability to attract, retain and develop key personnel and developers who can create high quality “hit” titles, counterparty risks relating to customers, licensees, licensors and manufacturers, domestic and international economic, financial and political conditions and policies, foreign exchange rates and tax rates, and the identification of suitable future acquisition opportunities, and the other factors identified in the risk factors section of Activision Blizzard’s most recent annual report on Form 10-K and any subsequent quarterly reports on Form 10-Q. The forward-looking statements in this release are based upon information available to Blizzard Entertainment and Activision Blizzard as of the date of this release, and neither Blizzard Entertainment nor Activision Blizzard assumes any obligation to update any such forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements believed to be true when made may ultimately prove to be incorrect. These statements are not guarantees of the future performance of Blizzard Entertainment or Activision Blizzard and are subject to risks, uncertainties and other factors, some of which are beyond its control and may cause actual results to differ materially from current expectations.

TemplarGR

Gaming expert
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Who cares about VC? Seriously...

Gateway is used by PIRATES. Pirates can play every gba game they want on almost any device they want using emulators. Gba is not resource intensive to emulate, and most smartphones can do it easily.

Why would you need the limited GBA VC selection on the 3DS?

Other features like proper New 3DS support are MUCH MORE IMPORTANT...

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

Gateway is used by PIRATES. Pirates can play every gba game they want on almost any device they want using emulators. Gba is not resource intensive to emulate, and most smartphones can do it easily.

Because not everyone has a smartphone, most smartphones don't have buttons and having more features on one device is great. Also, in my experience emulated somehow never feels quite as smooth as proper GBA (or 3DS GBA VC since that basically runs like it is a GBA) because of frameskip or something, idk. Of course they'll probably prioritize new 3ds support for now, but saying "I don't need it so no one does" is a bit eh. Also, once Gateway supports GBA VC we'll probably be able to inject our own ROMs and run almost any GBA game.

Also, they said "GBA support in the firmware update after this one" 5 months ago, back at 2.4 or something. So this "soon" basically means fuck all.

guitarheroknight

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

How about no? There are plenty of people who bought GW for the region free feature and the fact that you can backup all your games on a single card. Playing modded and using custom roms is also a neat feature that GW offers.

As you may or may not know there are also lots of ways to backup a GBA game and the fact that someone wants to play them on their 3DS doesnt mean theyre pirating.

So next time before you start pointing fingers, take a moment and think before you speak :teach::whip:

Reactions: Deboog and Margen67

wbsddgg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
GW gonna support GBC,GBA,GB,FC,SFC,MD,PS,SS,PSP,PSV,PS3,WII,X360 ... BUT new3ds !!

Mr.GW, cant u try some REAL efforts to keep ur words about new3ds ? fark that ,

Reactions: thaikhoa

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Oh good they're finally fixing that.
I wonder what broke it in the first place.
GATEWAY PUBLIC RELEASE 2.3b
Posted on August 29, 2014
Early this week we released our latest Gateway OMEGA 2.3b firmware to our beta testers.
We have received a lot of positive feedback from our beta testers and we would like to thank them for taking the time to test the latest update.
Our beta testers have mentioned a few minor issues:
* The Gameboy Advance virtual console games and DSiWare are not working yet.
We acknowledge this and we will try to get it working after the next firmware release.
5 months ago. This "soon" doesn't really mean anything (and neither does any other of their soons, really).

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean I hope they do this well. Seeing as some of the SNES emulators run pretty smoothly on 3DS already. It would be great to play GBA games on that big screen with little to no studders.

Reactions: Margen67

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've seen a similar question elsewhere with the same answer, I'm pretty sure you can ask them if they plan to support Moon Landing with a GW and they will answer the same question.
Unless is the next feature isn't even worth thinking about it.
Well considering the 3DS's processing capabilities are vastly more powerful than anything on the Apollo missions you could go to the moon with a 3DS AND play Lunar Lander at the same time. It is likely just around the corner™

TemplarGR

Gaming expert
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Because not everyone has a smartphone, most smartphones don't have buttons and having more features on one device is great. Also, in my experience emulated somehow never feels quite as smooth as proper GBA (or 3DS GBA VC since that basically runs like it is a GBA) because of frameskip or something, idk. Of course they'll probably prioritize new 3ds support for now, but saying "I don't need it so no one does" is a bit eh. Also, once Gateway supports GBA VC we'll probably be able to inject our own ROMs and run almost any GBA game.

Also, they said "GBA support in the firmware update after this one" 5 months ago, back at 2.4 or something. So this "soon" basically means fuck all.

So, let me get this straight: Gateway should prioritize GBA VC because out of the 1% of gamers without a 3yr old smartphone, PC, Tablet, PSP, GBA, but only a 3DS, a small portion of it wants to play a decade year old handheld roms instead of currently published games?

LOL

Reactions: xBleedingSoulx

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Sonic Angel Knight, Yes.