Hacking Gateway Emunand installation question

steveo581

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

i read that emunand install clears the sd card of saves and stuff. i made a backup of my sd card before emunand. afterwards, can i just copy the stuff back over?

I also have a predownloaded update on my 3ds that asks me to update sometimes and i just say no. does this matter with regards to the emunand installation step? I'm at the step where I can see the GW3D firmware and I am to update but the 3ds says that the update can be performed without connecting to the internet. I take this to mean that it will use the pre-downloaded update. Is this ok for updating emunand?

Jiro2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can copy the stuff back.

Using a predownloaded update to update EmuNAND is okay *if* you do it through system settings, and make sure there is a GW3D without exiting, just like using one you're downloading now.

You'll probably want to delete the predownloaded update from SysNAND ater you're done. Instructions for that are at https://gbatemp.net/threads/guide-delete-predownloaded-update-spotpass-nag.381489/

Samwix

Trophies
XP
Country
France
You can copy the stuff back over, yes ;)

To delete the pre-downloaded update, press A+R+L+Up when you turn on your 3DS XL and then press No!

Did you Format EMUNAND in Gateway Menu?

steveo581

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks guys. im noticing that now the 2gb card says only 1 gb free. im guessing the emunand event took like a gb or something. my old N3DS folder on my sd card was like 1.7 gb. if i need a bigger sd card would i have to do the emunand format again and update ?

Samwix

Trophies
XP
Country
France
If you want a bigger SD Card, bakcup your EmuNAND with EmuNAND Tool and reinject it (search for guides on internet)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Just 6 but dual band 6 lol