Hacking GateWay Emunand Icons

green_reaper

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have emunand on 10.3 US. And I rearranged icons/tiles on the home screen, but no matter what I do I can't get it to save the position after I shutdown or reboot. Is this normal? (this wasn't the issue before)

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
The issue happens with ALL emunands, no matter that method you use. Depending on which nand you want to keep your nnid on (usually emunand so it's up to date, but the choice is yours) simple go into the settings of the opposite one and format it. I usually format my sysnand and keep my nnid on my emunand so that its up to date.

green_reaper

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gotcha,i think ima gonna format sysnand since its basically used for Nothing at this point besides as a gateway launcher and for browser hax(which i rarely use)

green_reaper

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
heres the problem, i went into setting, did a sysnand format but all my stuff gone in emunand, the games and such (which thank god i did an image backup of the sd card, so i can rewrite it incase this happened)but i dont get why stuff is gone in emunand when i formated sys nand

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
heres the problem, i went into setting, did a sysnand format but all my stuff gone in emunand, the games and such (which thank god i did an image backup of the sd card, so i can rewrite it incase this happened)but i dont get why stuff is gone in emunand when i formated sys nand
You never unlinked your Nands then.

green_reaper

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i followed that guide for rxtools not sure why it didn't work, ill try again in the morning its 3 30 a.m :sleep:

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

oh, almost forgot, sounding really ungrateful, thanks so much everyone for pointing me in the right direction now i just have to get it going,

its been such a long journey downgrading from 10.3 (successfully on the first try all in one go thanks to safesysupdater) to 9.2 to 4.2 my brain is about to explode lol

sasha_spb_ru

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I have emunand on 10.3 US. And I rearranged icons/tiles on the home screen, but no matter what I do I can't get it to save the position after I shutdown or reboot. Is this normal? (this wasn't the issue before)
Answer is much simpler.
Probably, you created folders in your Emunand.
Then create folders with same names in your Sysnand (icons placement outside and inside folders does not matter - you just need same folders in Sysnand).
This will solve your problem (in rare cases if not, then move apps into folders in Sysnand same way they are placed in Emunand, still, positions doesn't matter).

green_reaper

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that sounds like it might work but i have a folder with an 'S' on it to recognize sysnand and a folder with an 'E' to show that i am now in Emunand. which i don't wanna change because I use it to update emunand safely. I think when i get a chance i will re-try the unlink method.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Water park was quite fun
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Water park was quite fun