GateWay Emunand Icons

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by green_reaper, Jan 20, 2016.

1. green_reaper
    OP

green_reaper Member

Newcomer
    Aug 15, 2015
    United States
    I have emunand on 10.3 US. And I rearranged icons/tiles on the home screen, but no matter what I do I can't get it to save the position after I shutdown or reboot. Is this normal? (this wasn't the issue before)

2. green_reaper
    OP

green_reaper Member

Newcomer
    Aug 15, 2015
    United States
    anyone? this is starting to get out of hand ATM

3. sedatbjk

sedatbjk Member

Newcomer
    Jun 17, 2007
    try unlinking sysnand and emunand

Loaffy likes this.
  4. green_reaper
    OP

green_reaper Member

Newcomer
    Aug 15, 2015
    United States
    how do i do that?

5. sedatbjk

sedatbjk Member

Newcomer
    Jun 17, 2007
  6. green_reaper
    OP

green_reaper Member

Newcomer
    Aug 15, 2015
    United States
    Thanks this is a start, but im using gateway CFW only and this is a rxtools guide

7. Loaffy

Loaffy GBAtemp Regular

Mar 27, 2015
    Canada
  8. spinal_cord

spinal_cord Knows his stuff

Jul 21, 2007
    somewhere
    The issue happens with ALL emunands, no matter that method you use. Depending on which nand you want to keep your nnid on (usually emunand so it's up to date, but the choice is yours) simple go into the settings of the opposite one and format it. I usually format my sysnand and keep my nnid on my emunand so that its up to date.

9. green_reaper
    OP

green_reaper Member

Newcomer
    Aug 15, 2015
    United States
    gotcha,i think ima gonna format sysnand since its basically used for Nothing at this point besides as a gateway launcher and for browser hax(which i rarely use)

10. Xenon Hacks

Xenon Hacks GBAtemp Guru

Nov 13, 2014
    United States
    Pull out your SD
    Format Sysnand in system settings
    Done

11. green_reaper
    OP

green_reaper Member

Newcomer
    Aug 15, 2015
    United States
    heres the problem, i went into setting, did a sysnand format but all my stuff gone in emunand, the games and such (which thank god i did an image backup of the sd card, so i can rewrite it incase this happened)but i dont get why stuff is gone in emunand when i formated sys nand

12. Xenon Hacks

Xenon Hacks GBAtemp Guru

Nov 13, 2014
    United States
    You never unlinked your Nands then.

13. green_reaper
    OP

green_reaper Member

Newcomer
    Aug 15, 2015
    United States
    i followed that guide for rxtools not sure why it didn't work, ill try again in the morning its 3 30 a.m :sleep:

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

oh, almost forgot, sounding really ungrateful, thanks so much everyone for pointing me in the right direction now i just have to get it going,

its been such a long journey downgrading from 10.3 (successfully on the first try all in one go thanks to safesysupdater) to 9.2 to 4.2 my brain is about to explode lol

14. sasha_spb_ru

sasha_spb_ru Member

Newcomer
    Jun 23, 2010
    Serbia, Republic of
    Answer is much simpler.
    Probably, you created folders in your Emunand.
    Then create folders with same names in your Sysnand (icons placement outside and inside folders does not matter - you just need same folders in Sysnand).
    This will solve your problem (in rare cases if not, then move apps into folders in Sysnand same way they are placed in Emunand, still, positions doesn't matter).

15. green_reaper
    OP

green_reaper Member

Newcomer
    Aug 15, 2015
    United States
    that sounds like it might work but i have a folder with an 'S' on it to recognize sysnand and a folder with an 'E' to show that i am now in Emunand. which i don't wanna change because I use it to update emunand safely. I think when i get a chance i will re-try the unlink method.