Hacking Gateway DS Exploit entry for N3DSXL, is it safe to set up?

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

Did anyone else set this part up as well cause I have noticed say if your in emunand and you change the theme then this gets rid of the menuhax entry so if you have your N3DS out with you and this happens you need another way of entering emunand cause the browser will not pick up browserhax to install it. Is it OK to set up the DS Exploit for the N3DSXL cause in the GW guide they say do not do it unless the homebrew entry ways do not work. Thanks I need to know about this part I have never done it.

Last edited by Reecey,

Reecey

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
it should be fine, just remember to downgrade your mset
What do you mean downgrade mset? do you mean this bit “NVRAM INSTALL” option.
There is just 1 EUR .cia file in GW v3.7.1 "mset_eur.cia" I can see to use do I not just use that file with the Devmenu in Gateway sysnand and install it or is there more to it? are you sure its quite safe to install and use?, have you done it yourself?

Edit: whats this file for as well next to it "bluecardfix.cia"?

Last edited by Reecey,

Reecey

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Excellent worked fine! Thanks also do you need to install this> "bluecardfix.cia" file as well? do you install this in Gateway Sysnand the same as the mset file or can this be installed in normal emunand mode. I presume its a fix for the blue card that comes with the GW package? and I presume its necessary as well.

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Excellent worked fine! Thanks also do you need to install this> "bluecardfix.cia" file as well? do you install this in Gateway Sysnand the same as the mset file or can this be installed in normal emunand mode. I presume its a fix for the blue card that comes with the GW package? and I presume its necessary as well.

That is only to run DS games from any old DS card that was patched (R4, blue card, etc.), it's not related to the MSET exploit but is needed if you want to use the blue card for DS games.

Reactions: Reecey

deSSy2724

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
GW blue card = DS flashcard (clone) and bluecardfix = whitelist for DS flashcards in general which unblocks them (DS flashcard are blocked without this fix).

Reecey

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
That is only to run DS games from any old DS card that was patched (R4, blue card, etc.), it's not related to the MSET exploit but is needed if you want to use the blue card for DS games.
I was told in the end I still had to install the bluecardfix.cia file in GW Sysnand so I just went ahead and did it, I need it in case I want to use the DSTWO card and then I need to run the bluecard after to install the exploit again to use DS Profile. I didn't bother with running the NVRAM INSTALL option first though in GW's options like the mset bit.

Last edited by Reecey,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I was told in the end I still had to install the bluecardfix.cia file in GW Sysnand so I just went ahead and did it, I need it in case I want to use the DSTWO card and then I need to run the bluecard after to install the exploit again to use DS Profile. I didn't bother with running the NVRAM INSTALL option first though in GW's options like the mset bit.
If you don't do the NVRAM install on a n3ds the profile exploit will not work. If you have a DSTwo you don't need the bluecardfix.cia because DSTwo works on all firmwares.

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

Did anyone else set this part up as well cause I have noticed say if your in emunand and you change the theme then this gets rid of the menuhax entry

If your NANDs are unlinked, you can change themes in emunand as much as you like without affecting menuhax on sysnand.

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Run the tinyformat homebrew app on your sysnand then go through the first-time setup stuff again. Now your sysnand and emunand are treated like separate consoles and theme changes on emunand won't affect sysnand.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att did offer a $500gc tempting to use it for 6 months and cancel