Country
United States
Oh...
Uhm, I was scared but I did these things and it still works:
Used Omega 3.0 to backup nand
Formatted
Downgraded
Still works :/

if it works then you're fine, it's a variable issue that I don't really know the full specs of yet. I just know a couple of things that do work

Piepokemon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, I'm gonna run this through to make sure what I'm doing isn't going to brick my console.

So, first I'm going to backup my sysnand, then downgrade. My emunand and sysnand are linked, so I'm wondering if after downgrading I'd have to format. Also, the 3.0 launcher can run through the ds exploit right? You don't need to use 2.7?

(I'm running a sysnand 9.2 3dsxl, with a 9.4 emunand, with tons of installed cias) (I also have the update nag for my sysnand)
Edit: I took the plunge, and it worked perfectly. Woohoo! I forgot how much I missed the simplicity of 4.2

Reactions: blinkzane

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
thanks for answering. i know it's doesn't matter either 8E or 10E. just that i think it's weird because others downgraded to 8E but i got 10E instead. the MD5 matches the downgrade pack in the first page. thanks again.
I checked the md5 from gateway's download page and it matches the one I downloaded on release day.
I didn't redownloaded it, but I don't think they updated the file without updating the md5 hash or else users would be afraid of using it.

"Before proceeding and if you are using EmuNAND : be sure your NNID is correctly linked on your SysNAND.
if you formated your SysNAND to unlink SysNAND and EmuNAND folders on your SD card, re-add NNID on sysNAND or your emuNAND will not be able to access eShop after downgrade."

I don't understand this ):
I guess all the "link" and "unlink" are hard to follow.

here a resume:
- If you never created emuNAND : downgrade without issue
- If you created emuNAND : be sure eShop works on emuNAND before downgrading.

andremario81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I successfully downgraded my console back down to 4.2. There's a problem however with the memory. I am trying to redownload my DSIware and the system states that I need to make space because I dnt have any room. It is saying this prpbably because i have BBMenu and Blargsnes cia's installed. What can I do to free up my system's memory?

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I successfully downgraded my console back down to 4.2. There's a problem however with the memory. I am trying to redownload my DSIware and the system states that I need to make space because I dnt have any room. It is saying this prpbably because i have BBMenu and Blargsnes cia's installed. What can I do to free up my system's memory?

Get a bigger SD card for the 3DS.

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
I checked the md5 from gateway's download page and it matches the one I downloaded on release day.
I didn't redownloaded it, but I don't think they updated the file without updating the md5 hash or else users would be afraid of using it.

I guess all the "link" and "unlink" are hard to follow.

here a resume:
- If you never created emuNAND : downgrade without issue
- If you created emuNAND : be sure eShop works on emuNAND before downgrading.

I got my .dg file last night, it's 4.5.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.8E
They didn't change the file, i md5'd all the files from their downloads page.

I didn't have any update nag yet, but I've only spent a little while in system nand (about 20 minutes to get it set up so i'd never confuse it with emunand).

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I think it triggers only once per day.
Some users never had it, other users said it disappear automatically after few second even without updating.

it's maybe only a downgrade "bug" (more a symptom than a bug). like the console see you don't have expecting title version (as it mess only few titles, not all) but after a while doesn't find a need to really update.
Maybe the update nag target is also 4.5 so it sees it's already installed (someone tried to apply the update to find which version it wants to install?)

Ralph1611

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question about downgrading..please help.

I have a gateway coming in the mail.. how do I update the red card?

I plan on downgrading a 8.1 to 4.2.. but when I am in 4.2.. how do I set up the DS Profile.. I cant find it anywhere? Thanks

guitarheroknight

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I have a question about downgrading..please help.

I have a gateway coming in the mail.. how do I update the red card?

I plan on downgrading a 8.1 to 4.2.. but when I am in 4.2.. how do I set up the DS Profile.. I cant find it anywhere? Thanks

1. When you attempt to enter GW mode it will ask you to upgrade so just confirm and you're good to go.
2. With every GW update you get a blue card folder and inside you'll find some files. Copy them on a micro SD then insert the micro SD into the blue card. Insert the blue card into the system and a game card icon should appear, just select it and the select the GW profile installer. And that's it! ;)

Ralph1611

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what needs to be in my red card other than the SD card with the roms? Can they be regular 3ds roms?

what about after i get to 4.2? how do i put the ds profile exploit?

Ralph1611

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LOL.. why cant i just get a straight answer as to how to install the DS Profile Exploit after I downgrade...B-)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo