Hacking Gateway Downgrading

blinkzane

Panic at your moms house
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm I formatted everything and its back to normal now. Odd. Might have been caused by an error on my part. Thanks for the suggestion :)

yeah I figured it was something like that, weird that it happened that way. I wish I knew the details that caused it but oh well. lol

mid-kid

GBAtemp spamBOT
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay, question: I have a copy of super smash brothers (uses new encryption) which was played (and saved) in a 9.x sysNAND.
I'm going to downgrade to 4.5, install emuNAND 9.4, and CFW 4.5.
Is there any way in which I can keep the save file without it getting corrupted?

AmienZero

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
km-download.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Malaysia
i have a question for those with EUR console. after you downgrade, did you guys get to fw 4.5.0-8E or 10E? because mine went to 10E. but quoting this at the first page :
EUR (MD5 = ba20352933fdb9533311933ce2263448) --> 4.5.0-8E (An update nag ready to install can appear. Format sysNAND to remove it)
got me confused. and then i saw others have downgraded their console to 8E. can anyone clarify this?

Ra1d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
i have a question for those with EUR console. after you downgrade, did you guys get to fw 4.5.0-8E or 10E? because mine went to 10E. but quoting this at the first page :

got me confused. and then i saw others have downgraded their console to 8E. can anyone clarify this?

Mine is 8E, but it doesn't really matter what number you have there as long as it's 4.5, also they probably just posted a different downgrade pack for EU, because the 8E downgrade pack came with an update nag, I had to format to get rid of it.

jomaper

Trophies
XP
Country
Uzbekistan
"Before proceeding and if you are using EmuNAND : be sure your NNID is correctly linked on your SysNAND.
if you formated your SysNAND to unlink SysNAND and EmuNAND folders on your SD card, re-add NNID on sysNAND or your emuNAND will not be able to access eShop after downgrade."

I don't understand this ):

andremario81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Someone PLEASE HELP!!!! I successfully downgraded my console from 9.2 but now when i try to boot into gateway mode it says i need to insert my red gateway card and it is inserted! What can I do to get the card to be read and be able to boot into gateway mode?

andremario81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Someone PLEASE HELP!!!! I successfully downgraded my console from 9.2 but now when i try to boot into gateway mode it says i need to insert my red gateway card and it is inserted! What can I do to get the card to be read and be able to boot into gateway mode?

blinkzane

Panic at your moms house
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Before proceeding and if you are using EmuNAND : be sure your NNID is correctly linked on your SysNAND.
if you formated your SysNAND to unlink SysNAND and EmuNAND folders on your SD card, re-add NNID on sysNAND or your emuNAND will not be able to access eShop after downgrade."

I don't understand this ):

don't format your sysNAND or emuNAND to unlink your nintendo ID account before you downgrade basically.

blinkzane

Panic at your moms house
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I DOWNGRADED AND NOW ITs NOT READING the GATEWAY RED CARD. I CANT BOOT INTO GATEWAY MODE! HELP!

try to restore your NAND first. (hold UP when selecting downgrade after placing NAND on 3DS SD card)
then if that restores use, redownload your region and be sure it's the correct one and try again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Heheh