Hacking Gateway Downgrading

Aaron007

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I downgraded from 9.2 and formatted sysnand with my SD card out. So it should be unlinked now correct?

Also since the blue card exploit is installed I don't need to use it anymore right?

This is pretty nice, that was with the main 4.2 sysnand I don't have wifi even set up. So don't have to worry about an update. Only have wifi in emunand.
Make three bogus ssid's in sysnand to be safe.

CrispyYoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shoot, looks like it corrupted Smash too.

However, even after the 3.1.0 Gateway update it looks like I'm getting an SPI Test Fail, so it could be my own physical card giving me issues.

Well, this sucks.

KeepPlanC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Aaron007

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

However, even after the 3.1.0 Gateway update it looks like I'm getting an SPI Test Fail, so it could be my own physical card giving me issues.

Well, this sucks.
Should one update again with 3.0.1 or 3.0 is enough for it to work?

Romsstar

Operation Decoded
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

Well, this sucks.

Well that's funny I got SPI Test "OK" and read test OK!" too but I can't start any game because I get the "game card was removed message".
So to me the test means fucking nothing if it says a faulty card is ok...

blinkzane

Panic at your moms house
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, wasn't the original guide showing that the N3DS used a vulnerability in the Mii Plaza, vs the current one's internet browser? Sounds pretty good, knowing you cannot access the browser on the N3DS without updating the firmware. I think it was SonyUSA who said posted that earlier guide?

stay on topic please, this thread is for downgrading info =]

CrispyYoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well that's funny I got SPI Test "OK" and read test OK!" too but I can't start any game because I get the "game card was removed message".
So to me the test means fucking nothing if it says a faulty card is ok...
Is your card larger than 2GB? I heard most games black out/won't work unless it's larger than 2GB. Not sure if this was confirmed though, but worth a shot.

You may have used an un-updated SD card.
I'll format this SD card and try again.

Also, I checked and re-downloaded several times to make sure I wasn't crazy, but the launcher.dat included in the 3.0.1 update still says "3.0" in Gateway Launcher for me... Either they forgot to change that text or I'm really using 3.0 and did a downgrade+NAND backup/restore with 3.0.

CrispyYoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is your card larger than 2GB? I heard most games black out/won't work unless it's larger than 2GB. Not sure if this was confirmed though, but worth a shot.

Also, I checked and re-downloaded several times to make sure I wasn't crazy, but the launcher.dat included in the 3.0.1 update still says "3.0" in Gateway Launcher for me... Either they forgot to change that text or I'm really using 3.0 and did a downgrade+NAND backup/restore with 3.0.
Actually I'm a bit scared to do that, maybe I'll hunt down a separate 4GB SD card.

Romsstar

Operation Decoded
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

Nevermind... I ran the Diagnostic test on 4.5 now and you won't believe it the card WORKS now.
I had the test running 5-6 times on 9.2 but nothing. How is that even possible?

Reactions: guitarheroknight

CrispyYoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nevermind... I ran the Diagnostic test on 4.5 now and you won't believe it the card WORKS now.
I had the test running 5-6 times on 9.2 but nothing. How is that even possible?
The info I got from a previous thread said that EmuNAND reserves 1GB of an SD card to run, and the remaining 1GB on a 2GB card isn't enough to run some games, including Smash.

Reactions: blinkzane

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WUOq1dlZWxI?si=LBlEJwZfwtWShljP lol Denmark can't handle the spice