Hacking Gateway card useless?

djavs

Trophies
XP
Country
Not sure what you are asking for. If you are asking me to tell you how to set it up on your unit, you will have to search for what you need to do. I have not touched my setups in around 2 years. They just work. If I recall correctly they are all setup with bootCTR9 and they boot into GW by default and Luma with another button. It's been 2 years since I went through the process to get them running in their current state, so sorry can't tell you steps at this point. Never use Luma anymore I just have a set of SD cards I can swap out between their units in seconds that have all the 3ds games on them. I originally did try using Luma to do more with their setups, but when you are loading games on multiple units and switching game sets when they get bored with them, using CIA's takes forever to copy games over, it's way too cumbersome compared to just swapping a micro sd card.

Yes i was going to ask you about the steps as am on mega old firmware for the GW 4.5... but looks like everyone saying LUMA and FBI is way forward. I just loved how quick gateway was on loading

djavs

Trophies
XP
Country
You have a lot of options for installing B9S and Luma3DS. If you don't want to buy a compatible flashcart for ntrboot (if your blue Gateway doesn't work), there are free options here:
https://3ds.hacks.guide/get-started

Pick an exploit that comports with your system version (or the all versions row). Seedminer is recommended, since it's free and works on the latest version (if you are also on the latest version).

tried this with soundhack.... few things happen when downloading the sound hack it just loops

Screenshot 2020-07-08 at 22.45.02.png

and doesn't let me download the .m4a when i do get to download it by manual saving it.... the files are uploaded corrected to the SD card

Screenshot 2020-07-08 at 22.40.17.png

Then this what happens when i launch the sound hack

Unknown-3.jpeg

Idaho

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I just wish there would be a custom firmware that'd incorporate some means to use the Gateway card either to launch games or as an additional SD card extension... these flashcarts are laying around useless and I think they could still be of use... I've even got 2 of them as I got one from a friend when I switched his 3ds to cfw...

djavs

Trophies
XP
Country
I just wish there would be a custom firmware that'd incorporate some means to use the Gateway card either to launch games or as an additional SD card extension... these flashcarts are laying around useless and I think they could still be of use... I've even got 2 of them as I got one from a friend when I switched his 3ds to cfw...
am trying to get bootstrap 9 and LUMA to work but not joy so far doing something wrong am on firmware 4.5.0.10E

Reactions: Idaho

swutch

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
If it works, yes.
But I've had two 3ds that always crashes with soundhax on the recommended firmware, while ntrboot worked every time.
And since he already owns a Gateway bluecard, this should be the easiest way.

Reactions: djavs

djavs

Trophies
XP
Country
why Soundhax? ntrboot with your Gateway bluecard should be the easiest way.
Didn't know i could do that - how do i do that?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

If it works, yes.
But I've had two 3ds that always crashes with soundhax on the recommended firmware, while ntrboot worked every time.
And since he already owns a Gateway bluecard, this should be the easiest way.

Any reason why the sound has doesn't work?

NTRBOOT
I had no clue i can use the blue card....DO i need to put my gateway firmware in first etc back on it? or just follow this https://3ds.hacks.guide/ntrboot

swutch

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Any reason why the sound has doesn't work?

try it a few times like it is written in the guide, if it doesn't work, try NTRBOOT

I had no clue i can use the blue card....DO i need to put my gateway firmware in first etc back on it? or just follow this https://3ds.hacks.guide/ntrboot

you do not need the gateway firmware.
If your stock firmware ist still between 4.1.0 - 4.5.0,
then you can just follow the guide "Flashing ntrboot (3DS Single System)"

djavs

Trophies
XP
Country
try it a few times like it is written in the guide, if it doesn't work, try NTRBOOT

you do not need the gateway firmware.
If your stock firmware ist still between 4.1.0 - 4.5.0,
then you can just follow the guide "Flashing ntrboot (3DS Single System)"

ok got you I was getting this issue first

Unknown-7.jpeg

but check this out. I just changed the payload file otherapp-2.bin (renamed it to otherapp.bin 3ds hack site didn't work at all as it said you need to find the one for your firmware but only had one FILE... KEPT saying svr init () IMAGE ABOVE

On another thread - as the one from the to one someone put on here and the arm9.bin
https://gbatemp.net/threads/release...p-payload-for-pre-9-2-firmwares.500564/page-3
This seems to let me in the screen, but doesn't go into homebrew... however this says ARM9LoaderHAX isn't there :-(

Unknown-6.jpeg

djavs

Trophies
XP
Country
Show nand string and save. its written right in the guide youre supposed to be following.

SORTED it now trying to figure out how i get it to read he game slots and how to rung games... do they need to be in .cia or .3ds.... as i have the blue games card too...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FzVN9kIUNxw +1