Hacking GATEWAY 4.1 PRIVATE BETA RELEASE

SigmaSebas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Before you do, go to the general 9.2 update page and choose one for your previous firmware, just on the off chance that works.
4.X was my previous firmware, I'm trying my best, I'll tell you if I succeed!

EDIT: I tried with every browser-based exploit, and nothing seems to work. I guess I have to buy a game with the 4.5 firmware, or do a hardmod nand recovery which, actually sounds scary.

Last edited by SigmaSebas,
Reactions: Quantumcat

SonyUSA

We're all mad here
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
4.X was my previous firmware, I'm trying my best, I'll tell you if I succeed!

EDIT: I tried with every browser-based exploit, and nothing seems to work. I guess I have to buy a game with the 4.5 firmware, or do a hardmod nand recovery which, actually sounds scary.

I'm not sure how you started the downgrade from 4.x -- the new Time Machine doesn't allow you to downgrade unless you are on Edit: oops I mean 10.x

SigmaSebas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
I'm not sure how you started the downgrade from 4.x -- the new Time Machine doesn't allow you to downgrade unless you are on 9.2.

That's strange. I was on my SysNand, I just followed the steps on the Gateway page, with my 4.x firmware... and everything was fine until I started the downgrade. Then in the middle of the downgrade, the message "an error has occurred" appeared. I restarted the console and the screen was always black when I turned it on. I deleted/renamed the "Nintendo 3DS" folder and my 3ds started normally, but in the frankenfirmware

Last edited by SigmaSebas,

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure how you started the downgrade from 4.x -- the new Time Machine doesn't allow you to downgrade unless you are on 9.2.

Nothing in the instructions says it requires 9.2 and they make no mention of needing to update to 9.2 during the instructions. The only mention of 9.2 on the page is in reference to N3DS systems needing to be downgraded to 9.2 if they are above it.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

*snip*

That's strange. I was on my SysNand, I just followed the steps on that page, with my 4.x firmware... and everything was fine until I started the downgrade. Then in the middle of the downgrade, the message "an error has occurred" appeared. I restarted the console and the screen was always black when I turned it on. I deleted/renamed the "Nintendo 3DS" folder and my 3ds started normally, but in the frankenfirmware
You should delete that link, as I am 99% sure that gateway's files are not allowed to be uploaded to or linked directly in these forums for legal reasons.

Reactions: SigmaSebas

SonyUSA

We're all mad here
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's strange. I was on my SysNand, I just followed the steps on the Gateway page, with my 4.x firmware... and everything was fine until I started the downgrade. Then in the middle of the downgrade, the message "an error has occurred" appeared. I restarted the console and the screen was always black when I turned it on. I deleted/renamed the "Nintendo 3DS" folder and my 3ds started normally, but in the frankenfirmware

Sounds like you were using old Time Machine and old Time Machine Pack...

You should have gotten this:

NPwShkn.jpg

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used the .3ds file of the zip GW4_1B. I don't know why I had the old version... hmm.

If you were using the .3ds file from the GW4_1B.zip then you had the new version. You MIGHT have had an older or outdated downgrade package though.

garyopa

Admin @ MaxConsole
Trophies
Website
www.O-P-A.biz
XP
Country
Canada
One of the major problems with the recent two Private Beta's v4.0 and v4.1 from Gateway 3DS was that there was no clear steps to follow, just some rough ones on their 'Private Beta Page', so even some more advanced 3DS owners that wanted to try out the new beta's, got confused on all the steps needed for their certain 3DS model and region and native firmware version, but now that is all clearly laid out for them, with a nice step-by-step guide that just been released by the Gateway 3DS team:

To make sure the process to install Gateway Fast-Boot on your 3DS or N3DS is as clear and simple as possible, we have released a new manual which you can find here.

It is also available in our download section.

We hope this is helpful, but if any part is not clear to you, you are welcome to mail us feedback. We will update our manual if we have some points raised commonly by several users.

As always, enjoy!

Enjoy, and remember to leave feedback with the Gateway 3DS team as stated above, if you think there needs to be section or step that can be better explained to normal (non-advanced) end-users when the time comes for the full public (non-private) release.

Swiftloke

Hwaaaa!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One of the major problems with the recent two Private Beta's v4.0 and v4.1 from Gateway 3DS was that there was no clear steps to follow, just some rough ones on their 'Private Beta Page', so even some more advanced 3DS owners that wanted to try out the new beta's, got confused on all the steps needed for their certain 3DS model and region and native firmware version, but now that is all clearly laid out for them, with a nice step-by-step guide that just been released by the Gateway 3DS team:

Enjoy, and remember to leave feedback with the Gateway 3DS team as stated above, if you think there needs to be section or step that can be better explained to normal (non-advanced) end-users when the time comes for the full public (non-private) release.
Yeah. There needs to be a dedicated step thanking the real devs of a9lh, and they need to stop acting like they invented it. Why don't you tell them that?

Reactions: vb_encryption_vb

JCR1

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I hope they implement a method of uninstall the "fastboot" without the red card inserted in case of card failure, if not, you will have a useless console.

Reactions: Quantumcat

Swiftloke

Hwaaaa!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Redirr

X11 Extreme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I still have my red gateway. I never used anymore.

So if i do a9lh with gateway tutorial. And it stop working ou i sell it.

I can't use a9lh anymore?

What the heck gateway team think they are doing?

Reactions: retrofan_k

SonyUSA

We're all mad here
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still have my red gateway. I never used anymore.

So if i do a9lh with gateway tutorial. And it stop working ou i sell it.

I can't use a9lh anymore?

What the heck gateway team think they are doing?

Submit a request for a key to hold to boot you into un-patched SysNAND

Reactions: Nightwish

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: That is interesting.