Gateway 3DZ to Sky3DS?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by drfsupercenter, Dec 26, 2014.

1. drfsupercenter
    OP

drfsupercenter Flash Cart Aficionado

Mar 26, 2008
    United States
    Just curious how I can do this for a game like Animal Crossing. I know it won't work with newer CARD2 titles like Pokémon, but something like Animal Crossing New Leaf will work.

I'd feel slightly better about going online with the Sky3DS if I can use my own header data, opposed to what's in their template, but when I tried simply copying a .3DZ file to my Sky, Pokémon was giving me the "save data corrupted" message.

*I was running it in Classic Mode from my Gateway so it would have been using the 4.x crypto on the save, meaning the only reason it's invalid is the header doesn't match.

2. MelonGx

MelonGx GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jan 8, 2009
    China
    SKY3DS DiskWriter rewrites ALL different ROMs of one game into a unique 3DZ which has a unique header written in the template.txt.

Try changing the template's header into your 3DZ header. But I don't know whether it works or not.

3. drfsupercenter
    OP

drfsupercenter Flash Cart Aficionado

Mar 26, 2008
    United States
    Yeah, I figured as much. Does someone know where the header is stored in the template? Like which specific section of it? Then I could easily just change the values to my own header.

4. AdonisAncestors

AdonisAncestors Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 24, 2014
    United States
    the online portion is the entire line above the first line of FF FF FF FF
    the manufacturer of the chip is the first 4 sets of BYTES after the first set of 00 00 00 00