Hacking Gateway 3DS working on the New Nintendo 3DS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Godson777

yo waddup
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been lurking for a while. (Again.) Then all of a sudden everyone speculates there's not gonna be emuNAND.

If there's no emuNAND, then I'm out.

See ya.

guitarheroknight

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
the mario kart with update embedded was actually a legitimate pre-updated release from nintendo, afaik there is no games that have had the update hacked into them.....although i feel its probably possible through rom hacking, truth is up until now there has been no need for it for 4.x users

Ive seen today at a certain well known site a Pokemon rom with the 1.3 update embedded within.

Godson777

yo waddup
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well everyone has a good reason why they got gateway. You can't just quit cause of emunand.

I'm not willing to risk my sysNAND with anything, that was the whole point of emuNAND. Not to risk screwing up your 3DS, if there's no emuNAND, I feel less safe in even wanting to do anything. On my Wii, I have bootMii. On just about every device I own that's hacked/modded/jailbroken has SOME layer of protection, in case I screw up. emuNAND was that layer of protection for 3DS, without it, I'm not going to risk anything.

EDIT: Sure, there's the part where you still have to install the exploit, but that's something you can't screw up unless you were 100% idiot. But when it comes to .cia and others, there are those risks.

Besides, I haven't even bought a gateway yet. I'm still waiting for the update.

Reactions: prototech

shinyquagsire23

SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not willing to risk my sysNAND with anything, that was the whole point of emuNAND. Not to risk screwing up your 3DS, if there's no emuNAND, I feel less safe in even wanting to do anything. On my Wii, I have bootMii. On just about every device I own that's hacked/modded/jailbroken has SOME layer of protection, in case I screw up. emuNAND was that layer of protection for 3DS, without it, I'm not going to risk anything.
How do you know that GW doesn't have something similar to bootmii for 3DS? It's possible that they might just be scrapping emuNAND altogether in favor of another system.

andzalot55

I'm very delicious. mmmm.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Well I didn't ride on the bandwagon on launch of the first gateway 3ds but I know they didn't had emunand back then.

mastermodr94

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'm curious if there will be no emunand for 9.2 then will it be a viable option to use the CDN .cia method to downgrade firmware to 4.5 and then use that exploit? I believe cerp said that he managed to use a trick to downgrade.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
So I'm curious if there will be no emunand for 9.2 then will it be a viable option to use the CDN .cia method to downgrade firmware to 4.5 and then use that exploit? I believe cerp said that he managed to use a trick to downgrade.
the trick downgrade was achieved in emunand.....i still havent tested it in sysnand....i will have to give it a try....but idk there was some other stuff i tried that didnt work so well in sysnand.......but idk i will try it out "soon"

What is the harm of installing .CIA files without emuNAND?
depends on the *source*, if someone wanted to be a dick they could pack up a broken system title as say a smash bros update and pretty much brick sysnand.....so yeah....be careful and only use trusted content

Calypsoz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FUck emunand it's not in the damn update it's already been stated multiple times .cia xmcan be installed and you won't brick shit unless your stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/_pJZQEANQU4?si=3i2w--qD8HBaLqy5 +1