Hacking Gateway 3DS working on the New Nintendo 3DS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ra1d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
No emunand basically makes this update a region free sky3DS with a nice multi rom menu but no eshop access/online...

unless u wanna risk installing CIAs to sysnand.

wow how anti climatic considering the wait.

Do you have a source to an original Gateway announcement that confirms no emuNAND ?Because no emuNAND version was revealed in a video like a month ago, they have been working all this time, so you don't know if the final product has emuNAND or not.

Calypsoz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't see why people are complaining about emunand do
You want the update in May? It's best to get the update now and wait for emunand later.

aofelix

Trophies
XP
Country
Wow, how whiny can one get?

Much whinier. Just look back at this thread and all the people crying because GW were late.

I've been patiently waiting and defending GW as I really believed they'd pull through a quality product.

If there was to be no emunand, they should have informed us so people could make decisions before buying new 3DSs.

Reactions: Thomas12345

Samwix

Trophies
XP
Country
France
If EmuNAND come soon (about one month), I'll buy the GW wait with playing games which need 8.1> firmware.

If it's released on 2months+, I will resell my 2ds and I won't buy the GW

Reactions: Thomas12345

aofelix

Trophies
XP
Country
Do you have a source to an original Gateway announcement that confirms no emuNAND ?Because no emuNAND version was revealed in a video like a month ago, they have been working all this time, so you don't know if the final product has emuNAND or not.

True. Very good point. Limited evidence points to no emunand but I am really hoping there is.

Reactions: Ra1d

Drenghel

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Can't we just use .3DZ file to play online

( God that threat woke up after the guide, and became "CAN I STILL DO THAT?!" all over x) )

Reactions: 2Hack

VeryCrushed

Devious Prorammer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We don't know about that. Isn't it supposed to simulate the retail cartridges on a hardware level?
Wouldn't Nintendo have to block out their own games? :P

All is speculation with how Sky3DS can be blocked. Still there wont be Emunand on it due to the limitations of a card only approach.

Multi-rom menu and region free aren't a small feature, they are HUGE.

Gateway will release an update for Emunand in the future anyways, they have always updated their firmware. I don't care about emunand, I just wanna start playing some games.

I fully agree with this, i just want to get to gaming. I wont need internet for a while anyways, so Emunand isnt the most important thing to me at this very moment.

Reactions: Sonicx64

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yup, I told them they were acting pathetic always whining about GW running away with their money and so on... It was fun while it lasted. :lol:
Oh, so what you're saying is that you had it coming :P

So, as I understand it, no emuNAND for now? Wow. Talk about a screwjob.
Not that they promised anything, but this is a real bummer.
But at least I'll have many games to play until they add emuNAND.
They did advertise .cia installation though, didn't they...?
Are they suggesting we should install .cia on sysnand? Wow. That's messed up.

They themselves didn't endorse that a while ago.
I won't be risking installing the exploit on my new3DS if the 9.2 exploit doesn't have emuNAND support.

Gateway said:
Our proven policy is not to rush a product for a quick shameless buck, but to release highly featured updates which are also future proof.
I don't know how they expect to create a safe, future proof environment for their users without emuNAND support.

Has this been confirmed by reliable sources or is it still conjecture based on the video they showed?

Wilhelm

The Voice of Reason
Trophies
Website
myaltimit.com
XP
Country
United States
So is there a way to test a .cia file's integrity before installing? To make sure it's not going to cause any damage.

IF you need to (and only IF)? Wait until you see replies on the download thread for the .cia. Also, make sure it's a reputable uploader. Otherwise? Yoshinatsu is right. Avoid it until there's actually proof it can work.

guykild

Torchic Trainer
Trophies
Website
www.Gateway-3ds.com
XP
Country
Oh, so what you're saying is that you had it coming.

I won't be risking installing the exploit on my new3DS if the 9.2 exploit doesn't have emuNAND support.

I don't know how they expect to create a safe, future proof environment for their users without emuNAND support.

Has this been confirmed by reliable sources or is it still conjecture based on the video they showed?

yes pure speculation.

Ra1d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada

Nothing has been confirmed by gateway, just a beta tester said that the beta doesn't have emuNAND.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4U-CrK4Hug