Hacking Gateway 3DS working on the New Nintendo 3DS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I translate this to mean don't expect this update before Christmas. Soon, sometime in the next month or so. Will check back with this thread in a couple of weeks and enjoy the holidays.

Snoozy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I wish MT would release before Gateway and pip them to the post, that would be great...I got both cards though so its fine in any case

satel

Luigi's Big Brother
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Do you have any source, or are you just dreaming?

no dreaming at all i was offered a review sample but i rejected it because i'm not experienced reviewer so i have sent a private message to no other than DEVIN the guy behind the best Gateway review & i hope he can take this offer instead of Me. i would love a free supercard 3ds but i'm not the right guy for the job. guys Supercard 3DS is really coming very soon & this is probably the main reason behind Gateway's recent announcement. they don't like any competition let alone one from the well known Supercard team. ;)

Swordxh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
we can tell that after 9.0-9.2 we will start with 8.0-8.1 and gradually work our way down

That was written in December 15... Three days later(today) they wrote:

We have currently implemented support for firmware versions 7.0 until 9.2 and adding support for lower versions every day.

From 7.0.0-13 to 8.1.0-19 included, there are 8 updates.
They added those firmware in 3 days so 8/3= ~3, if we take the left-out updates to 4.5 (7 in total), we can esteem an ETA: ~3 days more and they'll finish.

Remember that if they started supporting older firmwares that mean 9.2 to 9.0 is done AND tested, this say a lot because 9.x is a new firmware that took a lot of work from them.
Support to older updates is easier to add and test so i think that the release will be around December 22.

ody81

Trophies
XP
Country
Wow, just read the GW site. I guess this means theres been a useful exploit just sitting around all this time.

esmith13

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From 7.0.0-13 to 8.1.0-19 included, there are 8 updates.
They added those firmware in 3 days so 8/3= ~3, if we take the left-out updates to 4.5 (7 in total), we can esteem an ETA: ~3 days more and they'll finish.

Remember that if they started supporting older firmwares that mean 9.2 to 9.0 is done AND tested, this say a lot because 9.x is a new firmware that took a lot of work from them.
Support to older updates is easier to add and test so i think that the release will be around December 22.

That is completely unreasonable thinking. Adding support for a specific firmware version, working backwards, would most likely entail finding if the vulnerability existed in said prior version and if so could it be exploited in the same fashion as done in 9.X where it was first noticed. It is entirely possible the exploit could have relied on code not introduced until 9.0 and not have be usable in a prior version at all. It's also possible that the exploitable code could have existed all along since 1.0 and the method used to exploit it not been possible until yet further code was introduced in later firmwares. Basically - anything's possible but the probability that the exact same amount of time is needed to get the exploit working on each and every firmware is VERY slim.

In other words, while your math isn't flawed, the logic behind it is...

(but I still hope you're right because my XL is waiting! :yaynds:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, why are most new south park episodes half hour specials?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Psionic Roshambo, let me get a Netflix account I've always been nice to you
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I made a honey pepper glazed turkey breast for dinner turned out pretty bomb
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We can Netflix and chill
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Nvm not half hour, but hour long
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Normal south park episodes are already half hour
    Got 2 free Xumo boxes they work pretty good
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm happy to get anything most series don't make it pass 6 seasons
    Except Stars and Encore those are being a bitch lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I may consider that onn pro box finally a media box with type A ;O
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, cuz the companies don't want em to
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No it's revenue and demand south park could argue has a bigger audience than family guy about the same
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Family guy is worth 300mill south parks worth 1Bill according to the interwebs
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, probably cuz family guy is more disliked compared to south park
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It just does the same formula south park can press buttons without going overboard
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    And bc most of the family guy budget is spent on the voice actors rather than on the animation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Southpark could spend 30k on a animated dick and people would laugh at it
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    lol one prescription to Lizzo
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    who is lizzo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, doge is dead
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan: