Hacking Gateway 3DS - Where does Animal Crossing saves?

Jamesst20

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

i am unable to find the save of Animal Crossing, I though it would go in my SD Card inside of my 3DS but I couldn't find it. I don't know if it makes a difference but the extension of this game I am using is 3dz and I did use Gateway ROM patcher to fix the header for online.

The reason why I would like to get this save is because I would like to backup it and also modify it (sort of cheating). Is it possible to customize a save?

Thanks you

MichiS97

"Leftist snowflake milennial"
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The save is actually inside of the ROM itself, since it's a Card2 game. It is possible to extract the save file, you should find the tool needed for it by googling it, I can't remember its name right now. You cannot modify the save at the moment though! The Gateway team are working on making this possible though, so we've got to play the waiting game for a little bit

Reactions: Jamesst20

Jamesst20

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The save is actually inside of the ROM itself, since it's a Card2 game. It is possible to extract the save file, you should find the tool needed for it by googling it, I can't remember its name right now. You cannot modify the save at the moment though! The Gateway team are working on making this possible though, so we've got to play the waiting game for a little bit

Thanks you ! :)

Jamesst20

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Wait, why can't I edit it? I mean I am using a Gateway 3DS, isn't using the old encryption?

MichiS97

"Leftist snowflake milennial"
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Wait, why can't I edit it? I mean I am using a Gateway 3DS, isn't using the old encryption?
You'd first need to decrypt the save file, that step isn't the problem actually, but after re-encrypting it you'd have to sign it with the 3DS' AES MAC for it to be accepted by the 3DS. Signing is not possible as of now.

Reactions: Jamesst20

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up