Hacking Gateway 3ds save file corrupted...

Mike Rhodes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had the same problem as most of you. Come to find out it was the cart itself and sent it back a replacement will come soon. With some research only 10% of gateway users run into this problem. Of course I was the one out of 10. The problem happened clear out of the blue. I hope this isn't a persisting problem cause its a huge pain in the ass to dump 20 hrs into an RPG just to have it corrupt. As for backing up saves, even more time invested in troubleshooting or PM than playing the actual games. I'll back up until this problem is completely resolved. Hopefully the new update will be out soon. It looks sweet. New GUI I think, been a while since I read it. PEACE

DigitalDeviant

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
well my gateway seems to be working for now but I'm afraid it'll happen again and I'll lose a considerable amount of gameplay...I completed the diagnostic and it took a long time to change colors to green hopefully the new gui diagnostic will be easier for me to read.

badbob001

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got the gateway and it stalls at the 'closing software' screen all the time. I've even tried waiting 10 seconds after pressing home before pressing X. I'm using the 4GB lexar sd card that came with the 3ds. I'm on 4.4-10U. Would it be more stable if I update it to 4.5 (via a cart like animal crossing new leaf)?

Nurio

That Kirby fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I just got the gateway and it stalls at the 'closing software' screen all the time. I've even tried waiting 10 seconds after pressing home before pressing X. I'm using the 4GB lexar sd card that came with the 3ds. I'm on 4.4-10U. Would it be more stable if I update it to 4.5 (via a cart like animal crossing new leaf)?
I believe the instructions are to wait 10 seconds before pressing *Home* after saving.

badbob001

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe the instructions are to wait 10 seconds before pressing *Home* after saving.

I almost never save and then instantly press Home, so I don't think that is my issue. What seems to work for me now is to quit to the game's main menu before pressing Home and closing. Seems to work so far, but there may be games that this may not work for (or don't have a way to quit to the main menu).

Reactions: Technicmaster0

MuratTemp

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Ive been happily playing mario and luigi dream and today my save file was randomly corrupted.
If anyone knows any software I could try to get it back it would be much appreciated

EDIT: Ill add a little more information
When I put the sav back on a NEW SD card
When I boot the rom it says "The card was removed press the home button"
When I press the home button it disables gateway mode
Then I launch the game a second time it either jams saying "Nintendo 3ds"
or it says "The game data is corrupted and must be deleted. Delete and create new game data?"

EDIT 2: Ericthegreat had a great idea. If anyone has a sav file at all (preferably around wakeport or Mount PajaMaja I'd really appreciate it). Thanks in advance

Edit 3: I've decided to put my CORRUPTED sav file here if anyone wants to attempt too fix it.
Easy question and easy answer,install A9lh and get rid of Gateway.
I think there is nothing you can do with the save file,sry. Install A9lh.

Why are comments from 2013 in the new section,I don't get it...

Reactions: C0mm4nd_

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: my eyes already feel tired