Abstract3000

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hey there have been digging through allot of posts and maybe my search terms are incorrect but I'm looking for a way to move .sav Files created by the Gateway from my old 3DS to my New 3DS, simply dragging and dropping does not work so there is obviously some sort of binding to the old 3DS, is there a tool or utility that can fix the sav files? Or some other method I'm not finding?

I was looking at gateway System Transfer but i don't have an NNID that i need to move and I get to the screen stating "The Source Systems system Memory will be formatted" and all the other list of warnings following it and not really wanting to go back installing manuhax and reformatting emunand to have nothing afterwards and I am not sure as to exactly what screen they are referring to when they state "
When prompted, choose NOT to format the New 3DS system and continue following the prompts on both consoles."

Thanks

Abstract3000

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So just so its known I havent missed the following:
http://gbatemp.net/threads/guide-the-emunand-save-data-mega-guide-gbatemp-doesnt-deserve.378491/
http://www.maxconsole.com/maxcon_forums/threads/287049-How-to-use-SaveDataFiler
https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutoria...v-to-eshop-3ds-3dz-with-savedatafiler.380246/

So I have been reading but SavdataFiller is for Card 2 Saves, not Card 1 like I'm trying to get ahold of, while there is apparently work around on the Card 1 issue listed at the last link It doesn't really seem to refer to what I am trying to do I have no clue what kind of saves or what you would be doing with an eshop maybe .cia Downloads? So that's why I'm asking if there is in fact a method for Card 1 Sav's from an O3DS to a N3DS.

SomecallmeBerto

The Anti-Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
savedatafiler also works for card1 saves. I THINK some versions of GW broke this feature though it should have been fixed in the newest version of GW so make sure to update.

Abstract3000

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Have SavegameFiler already installed, Game selected in the GW menu and open SaveGameFiler and CTR Cart -- Broken --

GW on 3.7.1 Apparently the workaround is changing it a Cart 2 Save from 1 tutorial..... The issue I see with this is that I don't have any of these Roms as an Eshope Game, do I need to convert all the .3ds files to .cia attach them to those then load all the .cia & .3ds saves onto the new 3ds and export them to the .3ds files? Or is there some other method of simply moving the files from 1 console to the next. I guess I figured there would be some tool like Horizon for the 360 that would allow you to load a save file and change the authorization.

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Have SavegameFiler already installed, Game selected in the GW menu and open SaveGameFiler and CTR Cart -- Broken --

GW on 3.7.1 Apparently the workaround is changing it a Cart 2 Save from 1 tutorial..... The issue I see with this is that I don't have any of these Roms as an Eshope Game, do I need to convert all the .3ds files to .cia attach them to those then load all the .cia & .3ds saves onto the new 3ds and export them to the .3ds files? Or is there some other method of simply moving the files from 1 console to the next. I guess I figured there would be some tool like Horizon for the 360 that would allow you to load a save file and change the authorization.
When I had that issue I found that booting the ROM and then going back into SavDataFiler fixed the "Broken" message.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hey there have been digging through allot of posts and maybe my search terms are incorrect but I'm looking for a way to move .sav Files created by the Gateway from my old 3DS to my New 3DS, simply dragging and dropping does not work so there is obviously some sort of binding to the old 3DS, is there a tool or utility that can fix the sav files? Or some other method I'm not finding?

I was looking at gateway System Transfer but i don't have an NNID that i need to move and I get to the screen stating "The Source Systems system Memory will be formatted" and all the other list of warnings following it and not really wanting to go back installing manuhax and reformatting emunand to have nothing afterwards and I am not sure as to exactly what screen they are referring to when they state "
When prompted, choose NOT to format the New 3DS system and continue following the prompts on both consoles."

Thanks
Copy pasting the save files should work just fine. That's what I did when I switched to a n3DS and I haven't encountered any missing saves yet. The saves are locked to your private header, not your console.
There's one exception that I know of and that is Fantasy Life, due to it storing the entire savegame in SD card extdata, even a retail cartridge can't be used on multiple consoles with the same save.

This workaround can be used to move Gateway saves between eShop/CIA/3DS/3DZ formats or between different private headers: https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutoria...v-to-eshop-3ds-3dz-with-savedatafiler.380246/
It shouldn't be needed in your scenario, because as I said, the saves are locked to your private header so as long as you're using the same ROM file with the same header and you have the .sav in the same location on the SD card it should load it just fine. But it will solve your problem.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: