Review Gateway 3DS Review

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So basically, when you play a DS game (say with a Supercard DSTWO) you have to go back to the Nintendo DS Profile's setting to run the exploit again?
I'm a bit concerned cuz I am gonna buy a 3DS XL soon enough then I'm thinking of shelling 70$ on a Gateway3DS and don't want that to interfere with my warranty.

So, what basically happens is this. You run the Gateway installer on the 3DS, using a DS Flashcart. Then, you're going to switch to 3DS mode using the nintendo profiling part as described in the review. If you want to stop playing, save, press the home button, press x, wait till it goes to menu, then power off. When you reboot, you will need to "reboot" the exploit with the DS Profile. However, if you powered off, then decided to play with the DS Mode with a DS Flashcart, to return to 3DS mode you will need to use the Gateway installer again. As far as I know, there isn't any trackable aspects. Then again, I've never had to send my consoles in.

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's some games I have from the European region. Did you happen to try any Euro roms for save/load issues or gameplay glitching?

I tried the Euro Mario Dream Team and Super Mario 3D Land. I am testing in three days and I left my game equipment at home this week to focus on school. ;)

GalatasarayEken

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
if I'm on 4.3 U can I play europe roms and do you guys suggest I buy it? give me some info on it and what comes in the package, I need more info guys, thank you <3

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if I'm on 4.3 U can I play europe roms and do you guys suggest I buy it? give me some info on it and what comes in the package, I need more info guys, thank you <3

You can use a Gateway on 4.3. And with the latest firmware package from Gateway, you can play EU ROMs. I'd suggest buying it if you have no plans to play online.

Kosake

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just came across this review on google and wanted to say thanks for your hard work in both testing and writing on the product. This more or less answered every questionI had about the Gateway card. :-D

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You should also mention that this team deliberately bricks your 3DS if Launcher.dat is corrupted.

This issue has since been addressed by the Gateway team. The deliberate bricking incident is isolated to the users who have used modified launchers such as the Region Free patch or mixing files between the different chips. Please note the information in the first news article on the GBAtemp portal. ;)

Speaking of which, i should update this monster sometime. :sad:

Reactions: cateater1

Saturosias

thank
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Important: Do not run the GW3DS 2.0 firmware.
You gonna' leave that as "2.0" or specify it as "2.0b2"? As far as I'm aware, 2.0b1 with no EmuNAND partition installed (while somewhat unstable for saves if not first launched through the "L" menu) is able to run SDK5+ games on SysNAND [GW Mode].

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You gonna' leave that as "2.0" or specify it as "2.0b2"? As far as I'm aware, 2.0b1 with no EmuNAND partition installed (while somewhat unstable for saves if not first launched through the "L" menu) is able to run SDK5+ games on SysNAND [GW Mode].

Hmm, strange, I have no idea what you're talking about. :ph34r:

BMinkie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what is going on in this pic ? what is that ?

also how do you enable cheats on the gateway I just got it

Untitled.jpg

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its a supercard dstwo
he is using it to launch the gateway exploit installer instead of the included r4 clone

Saturosias

thank
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
why would you want to do that are you trying to brick your system lol ?

If he were using the v2.0b2 Gateway launcher (or a modified variant for extra flavor), I suppose he'd be trying to brick his system. You can run the DS exploit installer, however, using any compatible DS flash cartridge, the SCDS2 being no exception.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C6rI8eXgDxd/?igsh=MWYybHY2YXoyM3I2cQ==