Gateway 3DS on NDS

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by tofu, Sep 10, 2013.

1. tofu
    OP

tofu Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 10, 2013
    United States
    The gateway 3ds site doesn't explicitly say if it can run NDS games on the 3DS flashcart, nor does the manual.

I can't seem to find any threads related either.

Has anyone confirmed that NDS games work on the gateway 3DS flash cart? Do you use the exact same method for 3DS games?

2. Zaneris

Zaneris Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 5, 2013
    Canada
    It has 2 carts, a blue cart and a red cart, the blue one is essentially an r4 clone used to install the exploit, it will also run NDS roms like a normal r4.

The red cart is used after installing the exploit to play 3DS roms.

3. tofu
    OP

tofu Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 10, 2013
    United States

Thanks. So will I need to run the GW installer every time before I want to play a DS game on the blue card?

4. Ericthegreat

Ericthegreat Not New Member

Nov 8, 2008
    United States
    Vana'diel
    One thing tho, will most games work or can it run wood r4 or what? Does it have no antipiracy patchs?

5. Ryukouki

Ryukouki See you later, guys.

Jan 31, 2008
    United States

Nope, you only need to run the Gateway exploit when you run DS games. Playing 3DS games does not require reinstalling the Gateway exploit upon power off.

Most games work and the ones that don't just require a simple AP patch. As it's basically a faked Wood R4, games SHOULD run fine.

6. Schizoanalysis

Schizoanalysis From somewhere inside the rabbit hole...

Jun 23, 2009
    The blue card is just a regular R4. It will run like any other R4 on 3DS. Super easy.

The installer only needs to be run for 3DS games played with the Red card.