Gateway 3DS not working

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by LittleRedRidingH, Sep 13, 2013.

1. LittleRedRidingH
    OP

LittleRedRidingH Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 25, 2011
    United Kingdom
    Hi everyone

I was just wondering, are there any alternatives to win32 disk imager. I'm trying to burn a rom to my micro sd card but the win32 disk imager software keeps corrupting my sd card. I've tried two different sd card and several different roms. I'm running the software on windows 8 64bit. Could that be the problem. Please help :mellow:

2. masenko

masenko Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 24, 2007
    Nottingham, England
    just so you are aware, when you put a rom on your sd with win32 disk manager windows will not see it and ask you to reformat sd card. try doing a rom again and test it in your gateway. hope you can get it working

3. LittleRedRidingH
    OP

Newcomer
    Mar 25, 2011
    United Kingdom

Thank you for replying. Yes I've tried running the sd card via the red gateway card but it doesn't recognise the game :(

4. masenko

masenko Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 24, 2007
    Nottingham, England
    have you installed the gateway hack with the blue card? did you put your 3ds in gateway mode? if you have then im all out of ideas. maybe someone with windows 8 could suggest alternative to win32 disk manager

LittleRedRidingH likes this.
  5. LittleRedRidingH
    OP

Newcomer
    Mar 25, 2011
    United Kingdom
    Update: It worked :) All I had to do was go into settings, profile, ds mode, and make the console crash. I don't know why I had to do this again even though I hadn't turned off the console.

6. masenko

masenko Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 24, 2007
    Nottingham, England
    every time you turn off your 3ds it will default to regular mode. just remember you have to go in gateway mode every time you turn your 3ds off and back on

7. Tomy Sakazaki

Tomy Sakazaki GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 23, 2006
    Brazil
    Also remember that everytime you run something in DS mode - be it a DS flashcard or original game - you have to reinstall the exploit through Blue card (or any flashcard that runs on your firmware).

8. LittleRedRidingH
    OP

Newcomer
    Mar 25, 2011
    United Kingdom
    Thank you for your help guys :)

9. Pedeadstrian

Pedeadstrian GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.

Oct 12, 2012
    United States
    Sandy Eggo
    When a bunch of "Gateway is not working" threads opened, I was worried because I had already purchased one and it was on the way. But I've played my Gateway for over 60 hours, and never had a problem. Looks like most of these threads are actually "I didn't read the instructions" threads.

10. LittleRedRidingH
    OP

Newcomer
    Mar 25, 2011
    United Kingdom
    My 3ds crashed and froze after I pressed the home button while playing fire emblem. Is this a common problem?

And then it said "an error has occurred" when I tried to restart the game. I had to turn off the console to make it work again.

OK the same thing happened again. I don't know what's going on :(

11. Spzjulien

Spzjulien GBAtemp Regular

Sep 8, 2012
    France
    run test mode by pressing L !!