Saturosias

thank
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My original email:

> -snip-

First, please don't manually format your text to black/gray, leave it as default -- those of us using the dark theme can't read it.
3letU.jpg

Second, you should['ve] provide[d] an image instead of a supposed copy-paste.

Lakerfanalways

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I knew that nintendo couldn't have blocked it before it was released lol That's just nearly impossible to figure out how their system was exploited before they even knew where to look,

in the email it says "it will be available a bit later with an update."
I wont be purchasing it til the update IS available..sounds like one of those "Yeah go ahead and buy it and watch us laugh all the way to the bank when we never release an update"

LeSnake

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
They'll have to bring something on the table, speak up or something.. I'm very excited for this, but also worried that they might be lying about their progress etc... Also the save game stuff is still a big problem.

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First, please don't manually format your text to black/gray, leave it as default -- those of us using the dark theme can't read it.
3letU.jpg

Second, you should['ve] provide[d] an image instead of a supposed copy-paste.

When coping from another source that is the default. Just have to erase the BBCode. As for the second part I agree, but emails can also be fabricated so we're just going for it. (Not saying he's faking it but not ruling it out.)

Jean Karlo

Hacker Aspirant!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My original email:

> Does your team have an eta on when the card will work on the newest firmware?
> I have been keeping up with the GBATemp forums, and the lack of confirmation
> from you guys almost definitely says that you know it is blocked on the newest
> firmware or you would have come out cheering that it still works as it takes 5
> minutse to test this kind of thing. Is this going to delay the initial
> shipments while you guys work on a solution, or are you going to release a
> card that only works on firmwares 5.1 and below?

> Thanks

Reply:

It is not going to delay shipment, and it will be released on a later update.
Nothing is blocked (Nintendo does not know how we get in anyway since no one had
the production unit yet). Just it requires some work to adapt the code, and it
is no ready yet. It might be for launch, otherwise it will be available a bit
later with an update.

I'm not saying this is fake, but I remember someone said some guy (Costello,Constantinople, Whatever I dont remember his name but that it starts with ''C'') Had seen one of the Gateway Flashcarts working because a friend of his had it, So Yes maybe someone has it, and is a possibility more people also do have it...
Butt in the other part, I remember that Yellow said that their exploit was ''NOT'' blocked... Just the Haxx sav or something. He said they didn't released the exploit, NOT because it wasn't working, But because the exploit was only useful to reverse engineers. So there was no point to make it public. So It may not be blocked as well.

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not saying this is fake, but I remember someone said some guy (Costello,Constantinople, Whatever I dont remember his name but that it starts with ''C'') Had seen one of the Gateway Flashcarts working because a friend of his had it, So Yes maybe someone has it, and is a possibility more people also do have it...
Butt in the other part, I remember that Yellow said that their exploit was ''NOT'' blocked... Just the Haxx sav or something. He said they didn't released the exploit, NOT because it wasn't working, But because the exploit was only useful to reverse engineers. So there was no point to make it public. So It may not be blocked as well.
I have just received confirmation from someone who currently has the Gateway 3DS in their hands that the card does indeed support the existing 3DS ROM dumps.
This is what you were looking for. I'm interested in knowing who that someone is. That was 3 weeks ago, and they hadn't even sent out the review copies yet.

Jean Karlo

Hacker Aspirant!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is what you were looking for. I'm interested in knowing who that someone is. That was 3 weeks ago, and they hadn't even sent out the review copies yet.

Exactly. I see he is trustable (an administrator). But indeed someone had it, And other people may have it too.
I have this feeling that there is something going on behind the scene.
Anyways 9 days to go?

Reactions: Tattorack

Luhof

Trophies
Website
luhof.fr
XP
Country
France
Reply:

It is not going to delay shipment, and it will be released on a later update.
Nothing is blocked (Nintendo does not know how we get in anyway since no one had
the production unit yet). Just it requires some work to adapt the code, and it
is no ready yet. It might be for launch, otherwise it will be available a bit
later with an update.

How can we update it, since it can't run custom code and doesn't support DS-mode? (or am I forgetting something?)

My little dream : the Gateway is sold with a dongle "Gateway-PC connect", that allows us to update the cart and back up our saves...
Oh god, I can't wait to read that review...

skarthebloodchild

Keep It Old School
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
How can we update it, since it can't run custom code and doesn't support DS-mode? (or am I forgetting something?)

My little dream : the Gateway is sold with a dongle "Gateway-PC connect", that allows us to update the cart and back up our saves...
Oh god, I can't wait to read that review...
Hope this comes true!!!!

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Quit being an smartass, what part of "Been out of the loop for a while" did you not comprehend?
The thing was only even announced a short time ago, and "a while" implies more than like a week or two.

Unless you're mixing this up with the Crown 3DS, which is dead and never got a release because they never showed the ability to actually change the ROM being played.

EDIT: Fixed that sentence.

mysticwaterfall

Streamforce Supreme Commander
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There have been a lot of carts that promised "updates" that then vanished into thin air. It's different if somebody with a good track record like SuperCard promises updates. If you go ahead and buy it, don't complain later when you want to play Pokemon.

WhiteMaze

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
There have been a lot of carts that promised "updates" that then vanished into thin air. It's different if somebody with a good track record like SuperCard promises updates. If you go ahead and buy it, don't complain later when you want to play Pokemon.

That is exactly what I do not understand. Myself and I believe quite a few others, are not buying it to play Pokemon. I'm buying it to play all the games it CAN play.

Reactions: Maxkhoon and f0rCe

mysticwaterfall

Streamforce Supreme Commander
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That is exactly what I do not understand. Myself and I believe quite a few others, are not buying it to play Pokemon. I'm buying it to play all the games it CAN play.

I get that. But I also think it's foolish that so many people in this thread have blind faith that there will be an update to make it work on 6.x firmware. If there is, that's great. But taking just Gateway's word for it is foolish. Given how how many people post threads like "My cheap R4 clone won't work after the update" you better believe people will buy pokemon and then wonder why there Gateway is blocked.

Reactions: Rydian

WhiteMaze

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Don't know if anybody noticed, but the Fire Emblem Demo was pulled earlier.

Maybe there was an exploit in it?

Really?

I download it and tried it just a few days ago D:

Ah. That is whole different matter. Whoever does that, it is they're own fault for not informing themselves properly.

EDIT:

I get that. But I also think it's foolish that so many people in this thread have blind faith that there will be an update to make it work on 6.x firmware. If there is, that's great. But taking just Gateway's word for it is foolish. Given how how many people post threads like "My cheap R4 clone won't work after the update" you better believe people will buy pokemon and then wonder why there Gateway is blocked.

Ah. That is whole different matter. Whoever does that, it is they're own fault for not informing themselves properly.

totalnoob617

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

but then on the other hand there are teams ,like team cobra who nobody ever heard of before, and who did things on the ps3 that nobody else could or has been able to do since, and who promised to update and support their device and who more than delivered on their promises

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Welp