Hacking Gateway 3DS - First 3DS flash card?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edwii

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I

I don't get why this bother people a 2gb microsd is like 5 bucks a 3ds game is usually 40 that's 8 cards u can get for the the price of one game ;)
For me It's not about saving money. I want convince of having all my games on one card, having a pocket full of charts or sd's is the same thing, cept micro sd's are easier to lose and mix up.
I also for the most part really just want home brew at this point, I dream of emulation of everything from 64 on down.

vini9157

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
they replied my other email today, i asked about the price, they give me nothing

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
I

I don't get why this bother people a 2gb microsd is like 5 bucks a 3ds game is usually 40 that's 8 cards u can get for the the price of one game ;)

They want to complain about how they can't be lazy and have 1 microSD to rule them all crap. Face it, the beyond lazy is already a reality for most of them when they don't even have to remove a flashcart from a handheld.

Centrix

Stop Poking the Moogle!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
becuase your clearly an idiot
the 3DS isnt hacked, all these things to is just run the official code
without people having the Encryption Keys you cannot run or load anything different
so feel free to ask Nintendo for there encryption Key and then make such a thing
DS Flashcard and 3DS flashcards are not the same thing, the DS we have to key and can add our own stuff into it
without a 3DS hack we cannot, this is purely a method of loading bootleg downloads from a SD card
its like saying "why can we put like 10 different games on a Wii disc and expect them to load without a hack"

Yup I know all this already, but thank you for the refresher, also there really isn't any reason to call people names here :)

porkiewpyne

Report-er
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
...but that's only a small minority
I lol'ed. :rofl2:

If this is really true... REVENGE ON NINTENDO.

I kinda by impulse bought the 3DS ,and regret it for so much time.

Only have a single game "Resident Evil Revelations" and it cost me 60€ with 2nd analog stick (50€ is the normal game price here in Portugal).

I'm bloody tired of their gaming prices.

Even a crappy little 2D game here cost from 35 to 50€. And like a gameboy 1 black and white game from the 80's cost like 6€ each for download.

Even in the 90's I could buy a cassette with like 50 games in it for like 20€ (and included some that nintendo is selling at 6€ each).

Even on E-bay used games look expensive to me, like around 25€+shipping each, and some are just simple 2D games (usually most are from US and full price gets around 40€ with the shipping).

I guess Portable console games are being sold at the price of X360 and PS3 games (some people seem to have no sense in selling a little 2D game for the price of a game that cost 100 million $ to make like GTA, and has crazy textures+technology in them that aren't meant for portability).

ps: My 3DS is OFF inside my drawer for more than a year, and I can't buy those EXPENSIVE games, since I can buy brand new games for the PC like BF3 for 16€, Ravaged for 3.99€
Keep Cool
Revenge? Oh right. I forgot. Cos them evil bastards called Ninty totally forced their console upon you right? Like held your family at gunpoint unless you met their demands, no? Totally.

EthanObi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just got a reply back from the team...

Sorry but we already have closed the list for review samples, which are to be
sent to 50 sites covering console hacking in various languages. Thank you for
your interest anyhow, we keep your contact details for samples of future updated
versions.

We have another_world from gbatemp doing the gbatemp review.
So there you have it! the only thing i managed to obtain from this is that most likely it's going to lack software uodates, and probably have Hardware revisions....*cough* Oh, and 50 sites are getting cartridges, sucks that i'm not one of them though....

Reactions: str8mjed

pokefloote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe hardware revisions like how some carts saves are different from the early game saves, yeah. But I don't think they can be blocked if it really shows as a legit cartridge would. If it can load a game from timeperiod x to time period y, then it always will (because a 3ds update would not render the official versions of those games useless, so how would it know the difference?). If future games won't work, then a new cart will be needed for those ones.

I'm really excited to get these. I'm still going to buy my games but this will be cool for games I don't feel are worth buying. :P

EthanObi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe hardware revisions like how some carts saves are different from the early game saves, yeah. But I don't think they can be blocked if it really shows as a legit cartridge would. If it can load a game from timeperiod x to time period y, then it always will (because a 3ds update would not render the official versions of those games useless, so how would it know the difference?). If future games won't work, then a new cart will be needed for those ones.

I'm really excited to get these. I'm still going to buy my games but this will be cool for games I don't feel are worth buying. :P
Since when are ANY 3DS games worth buying? O-O

Reactions: alirezay

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
Just got a reply back from the team...

So there you have it! the only thing i managed to obtain from this is that most likely it's going to lack software uodates, and probably have Hardware revisions....*cough* Oh, and 50 sites are getting cartridges, sucks that i'm not one of them though....
50 sites? That doesn't seem very smart. Should have been around 5 due to increased odds of the N getting a hold of one and patching it up before release. (don't say an $18 billion international corp can't do this)

And lol at the solid English-- this is definitely a Euro operation.

EthanObi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Indeed...
50 sites? That doesn't seem very smart. Should have been around 5 due to increased odds of the N getting a hold of one and patching it up before release. (don't say an $18 billion international corp can't do this)

And lol at the solid English-- this is definitely a Euro operation.
Gasp, just realized it's only got one typo! THIS CAN'T POSSIBLY BE FROM ASIA! Must be Europe because Europeans are GENIUSES!

ggyo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pong is a "reliable source" and these are not "assumptions"

it can bock by
a) checking right speeds
b) check the game Chip ID
c) all the above
So the solution would be to engineer identical read/write speed cards and give the cartridge an ID of an already existing, popular game? If the game ID was Super Mario 3D Land's, Nintendo couldn't update and have ALL genuine Super Mario 3D Land cartridges blockes as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/wZgjSNb-o4c?si=ajt4Lgq_LTYcXxs2 +1