Hacking Gateway 3DS - First 3DS flash card?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hhs

You will not like the outcome of this encounter
Trophies
XP
Country
So I reported this to Nintendo, they said to email at [email protected]

Hopefully this gets shutdown before release.
Reporting it is one thing. I get that. Pointing out that you reported it on gbatemp is just farming for negative attention. Are you that desperate? I gave you some, do you feel better?

You're an adult who is the equivalent of "I'm telling teacher!!!" Most whistle-blowers who really do something significant don't go around announcing what they did. The fact that you can without fear of reprisal shows that nobody cares.

el_venga

Handhelds Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
"Release a video with 3ds running backups and everybody loses their minds"
I have been out this forum for some time and i find this today. Very interesting and seems legit. Im surprised this thread does not have over 20 pages already, it has happened for less than this. Ps3crunch is trustworthy so its probably true. We will have to wait, as always.

synce

だいこんちゃんのだいふぁん
Trophies
XP
Country
Comoros
Holy fucking shit... I'm THIS close to buying a 3DS. Please let it bypass the region lock

nukeboy95

Old skool member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Holy fucking shit... I'm THIS close to buying a 3DS. Please let it bypass the region lock
place holder for big comment before idiots spam just crap about what posts are going to be about

Finally this materialized

it is indeed not a fake but all the hardware you want for this has yet to be shown

ideally what this card does is make the Game Chip a Micro SD card
the card will have to be formatted correctly and the right size (eg. you will need, 512mb,1GB,2GB,4GB cards)
each card can only hold 1 rom at a time, as it takes up the whole space of the card
surely you get the point here of whats its doing

the next thing is Save Data
as you can see in the video there is only 1 save chip and thats built in, so if you change the game MicroSD without backing up and Dumping the Save data with a Save tool BYE BYE save
as it is wiped as the game recognizes it as corrupt so deletes it
so they will either have to provide a method of extracting/dumping the save or you get a R4i Save Dongle or something that does the job

basically this is a 1:1 clone sort of deal so only 1 at a time, no homebrew, no mods, no save tweaks

Nintendo will most likely just block this with an update to check the game Chip ID and then fail to boot it

enjoy :D
but this is a sole piracy deal here

RedCoreZero

Creativity is Power
Banned
Trophies
Website
Google.com
XP
Country
United States
Why couldn't one just replace the rom file on the sd and resize the capacity instead of buying tons of sd cards? Either way it's not exactly convenient...

That's my point exactly, it's too inconvenient.Neimod and Yellow8 should just release the exploit method, since it was already patched.That way we can pirate and homebrew it, much easier.

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, actually not EVERYONE wants a device as such for piracy.. There actually are people who buy these things because they don't want to carry their stash of games around, so they make backups...

Thaaaat won't work. They'd be carrying a bunch of micro SD cards instead. Which is still a hassle if they consider carts to be too much.

Antipika

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Talking to some peeps about supplying me with a review sample.

:yay:

I'm quite interested in the device, and I've been thinking about the whole "space" debate. I'm thinking you'll need a card larger than the size of the ROM. (A 2GB Micro SD won't suffice for a 2GB game. Due to reserved spacing. Making it smaller than 2GBs.) So I think they'll have a tool for you to use that partitions the Micro SD card to the right size, and then proceeds to flash it with the ROM.

Pure speculation on my part, but that'd make sense.

You will need a card that's bigger indeed. It will just be easier to have a bunch of 4GB SD Cards and format them accordingly, since finding small 512/1GB cards nowadays is harder...

Thaaaat won't work. They'd be carrying a bunch of micro SD cards instead. Which is still a hassle if they consider carts to be too much.

And you'd have to dump your save manually every time you change game too.

Reactions: Syphurith

LTK

Trophies
XP
Country
Seems nice;I wonder what firmware it will work on?

also side note: really digging the graphic design of this company and their website lol.

OscarRamos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
I think it's real. Lol, or at least i would like to think it is. I mean people were saying the "back door" (softmod) for the old Wii was fake with no proof, but look at it now....

Parasite X

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it's real. Lol, or at least i would like to think it is. I mean people were saying the "back door" (softmod) for the old Wii was fake with no proof, but look at it now....

I don't know about you but im excited about finally being able to use 3DS roms I just don't like carrying so many sd cards around.

el_venga

Handhelds Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
I had no idea. I feel for you guys.

A mod can combine this with previous post. Had guessed someone would have posted between as I was reading.

Top min wage here is about US$200 i think(monthly). A 3ds game goes $40-$70 commonly, but i think i have seen them higher. I have bought used for around 25 but oldest ones. Keep in mind im doing currency convertion, not that accurate.

punnett

Trophies
XP
Country
Dude, if this is real, I'd totally buy it. There are a bunch of games that I'd possibly play once and never again. Since I don't really play more than one game at a time anyway, it seems like a pretty solid investment even though it's "impractical."

Reactions: ferret7463
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Wow, only $700?