Gateway 3DS doesn't read games

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by riteoh, May 26, 2014.

1. riteoh
    OP

riteoh Newbie

Newcomer
    May 26, 2014
    Hello,

Purchased a Gateway 3DS today and already having problems with it. Any games that I load on the 'red' card are not being read - the 3DS isn't coming up with any icon, or any place (that I can find) that shows the test game I have loaded on the card.

I've followed the instructions perfectly - and seem to have no problems rebooting into GS mode from the Blue card.

I have then tried to run launcher.dat - it tells me to Boot Gateway Mode, but then prompts me to insert the Gateway 3DS card (I presume the red card).

Inserting the red card makes the screen go blank, then I get the system settings menu again, but can't see any games.

Please somebody... tell me where I'm going wrong!!

Thanks

2. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    The Test Rom from gateway site will not show up its not a real game,also.....press select

3. djricekcn

djricekcn GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 29, 2009
    United States
    Press Select while you don't have any games running in the background. It'll show on the top screen

4. riteoh
    OP

riteoh Newbie

Newcomer
    May 26, 2014
    Pressing select does nothing... the slot where an original game would usually appears is blank - I would have thought the game I have loaded on my SD card would show up there. Where do I press select from - the main menu?

5. Vengenceonu

Vengenceonu Revenge is beneath me but accidents do happen.

Jun 20, 2013
    United States
    The C Standard Library
    Press select after entering gateway mode and highlighting your cursor over the slot where the game image is supposed to appear. Example: Skip to 1:20

If that doesnt work, you probably downloaded fake roms and or have an sd card problem.