Hacking Gateway 3DS Availability

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
I ordered mine from gateway3dscards.com back in late August and still have not received mine, it did come from China though, with free shipping, so I expect it will take a bit longer. Have any others here ordered from them? I'm on the East Coast, and the estimated delivery time ended this past Monday.

aiat_gamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Iran
I ordered mine from gateway3dscards.com back in late August and still have not received mine, it did come from China though, with free shipping, so I expect it will take a bit longer. Have any others here ordered from them? I'm on the East Coast, and the estimated delivery time ended this past Monday.

From what I have heard, ordering from China and using the free shipping option takes a long time even if they have it in stock! It might also be that they ran out and have to wait to get more and that adds up. That is why I think everyone should try to find somewhere close to order from. Ordering from China is more trouble than it is worth.

aiat_gamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Iran
Has anyone had any problems with modchipcentral.com?. On an earlier post someone said they do not put two red stickers on the red card. Modchip said it is because it causes damage to 3ds slot, and they wont ship the sticker at all. I placed an order on September 13th. They said there ETA was September 20th. Now its set to September 27th. They do give a free usb card reader and usb charger. I think they are the only ones on Twitter.

As far as I know the Gateway team said the exact opposite about the stickers and I have not heard anyone saying that having or not having the stickers damaged the console so I don't know...I find it weird that they made the mold so that they need the stickers in the first place, why not make them like the blue gateway card?

josesixone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
As far as I know the Gateway team said the exact opposite about the stickers and I have not heard anyone saying that having or not having the stickers damaged the console so I don't know...I find it weird that they made the mold so that they need the stickers in the first place, why not make them like the blue gateway card?

They probably built the card that way for the matter of costs, advertisement, or easy sodder fixing.

aiat, how was the alignment on your stickers?, where did you buy it from? any read errors?

aiat_gamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Iran
They probably built the card that way for the matter of costs, advertisement, or easy sodder fixing.

aiat, how was the alignment on your stickers?, where did you buy it from? any read errors?

I got mine from cymods.com. They came in with both stickers perfectly aligned. I have not taken it out of 3DS that much and played for only about 5-6 hours since I got mine but up until now, no errors or problems. Considering how the place for SD card on the Gateway looks under the sticker I would say chances are not having them, is worst then actually having them!:P

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
From what I have heard, ordering from China and using the free shipping option takes a long time even if they have it in stock! It might also be that they ran out and have to wait to get more and that adds up. That is why I think everyone should try to find somewhere close to order from. Ordering from China is more trouble than it is worth.

It was shipped out two weeks ago, I didn't get any conformation of my order until I yelled at them about not getting any information on it. Then I got a shipping tracker that is worthless once the package gets out of China (And it has been for two weeks now). The only reason I ordered from them is because they supported PayPal payment (My only means of payment at the time).

I guess I'll just wait it out, it's already been almost two weeks and a half, so it can't take that much longer. Right?

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
O_O Zhuzhuchina has it!? I've been checking them for a while, Gateway didn't show up in their search for me.

Oh, I think that was more of a generic response. I don't think ZZC has it at present, but the other two do, and I can very much vouch for RHS and somewhat for Modchipcentral. I have a list of other sites I can give you, but these are in China. Slower, but still very reliable.

LaserZX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, I generally prefer Zhuzhuchina, that's why I asked. They've been reliable for me in the past, slow yes, but reliable. I'll look at Modchipcentral then, thanks!

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, I generally prefer Zhuzhuchina, that's why I asked. They've been reliable for me in the past, slow yes, but reliable. I'll look at Modchipcentral then, thanks!

I would also recommend a quick look at DSflashcart.com. They've proven to be incredibly reliable in terms of communications, and their shipping is incredible if you use DHL (2 days to my door here in California from China).

Melhisedek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have waited for card-nds.com since 22nd August and still nothing. "Order is in preparation" on their site and nothing at all at HK Post service... 2 days ago I asked for a refund, they didn't answer me... And they are official reseller on gateway homepage :/

Mariko

Trophies
XP
Country
Most important news of the day: I'm not preggers! Second most important news of the day: I finally got the package, and the Gateway cartridge is mine! Not only that, it works. I've tested it with two games so far, but they both ran fine. One question though, even if this isn't the right topic to ask it: Is it possible to use unmodified Wood firmware on the blue cartridge?

aiat_gamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Iran
Most important news of the day: I'm not preggers! Second most important news of the day: I finally got the package, and the Gateway cartridge is mine! Not only that, it works. I've tested it with two games so far, but they both ran fine. One question though, even if this isn't the right topic to ask it: Is it possible to use unmodified Wood firmware on the blue cartridge?

I tried, no dice!

I have waited for card-nds.com since 22nd August and still nothing. "Order is in preparation" on their site and nothing at all at HK Post service... 2 days ago I asked for a refund, they didn't answer me... And they are official reseller on gateway homepage :/

Yes, I think it is time for reviewing the sites gbatemp officially endorses.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • BigOnYa
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @The Real Jdbye @SylverReZ @Xdqwerty @BigOnYa @BakerMan :creep: +3