Gateway 3DS Availability

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by sonic2756, Aug 9, 2013.

1. Skiller23

Skiller23 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 14, 2009
    Antigua and Barbuda
    i reassure you it's normal, they are incompetent we can't change that, i have a contact who works in the post, i called him yesterday, he told me that nothing arrived for me for now
    hope i'll receive it sunday (friday and saturday= WE here)
    thanks for help ;)

2. Skiller23

Mar 14, 2009
    Antigua and Barbuda
    hi, i finally got my GW wednesday 22, taken from the post office, thanks to cymods, if i count the time it took to the package to arrive in Algiers (working days) it's under 10days, but the local post delayed the arrival of the card to me (1 week + the time to receive the letter from them)
    package seems good, i haven't open it yet

3. Skiller23

Mar 14, 2009
    Antigua and Barbuda
    question for all who bought their GWs from cymods:
    .do they work fine ?
    .did you try using diagnostic test tool ? is there any issue with these tests ?
    i haven't used my GW yet, i'll wait the release of fw 2.0 and see if there will be another bricks with genuine GWs
    thanks

4. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

GBAtemp Patron
    gamesquest1 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 23, 2013
    You can run diagnostics in b1 which should be perfectly safe, also you will be able to get your nand dump for safe keeping

5. jochem77

jochem77 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 18, 2014
    Netherlands
    I wanted to buy a GW from flashcard.es. They e-mailed me that the 3dslink cards are much better with less problems. I replied that most problems on forums are about the 3dslink and r4i cards and I wanted the genuine card from Gateway. They replied and said they don't deliver them anymore because of the problems they have with the Gateway card. I think this is very strange.

6. json

json MUSCLEMAN

Aug 9, 2013
    Burkina Faso
    flashcard.es is an official R4i reseller, of course they don't want to sell the competition's cart ...

Edit: just looked at their site shop, and they still advertise GW. Deceiving motherf*ckers, it's a decoy so once you pick GW they will come back and say please choose r4i..

Edit2: I was thinking about why they would do such a thing, and the only thing I could come up with is statistics. They want to know how many people are choosing GW and know the market.

Still no matter how you turn this, it's deceiving as F*CK.

7. jochem77

jochem77 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 18, 2014
    Netherlands
    Sure it is. I wonder if I get my money back and a new 3DS XL or repair when the r4i or 3dslink card bricks my system.

8. qUaK3R

qUaK3R Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 17, 2007
    Skiller 23, I've been using my card with 1.2, and I haven't had a single freeze or whatsoever. I only used the 2.0b2 once, to make a nand backup, but I didn't use the diagnostics test. I know we've been waiting a long time for 2.0 but I'm really happy with the results, at least for now.

Skiller23 likes this.
  9. frogboy

frogboy lacking both style and grace

Dec 6, 2011
    United States
    I hate to bump this ages-old thread, but...

I just ordered a Gateway from ModChipsDirect, and they said my VISA was blocked because it's an international transaction and they can't refund me or send the order until I call my CC company. According to VISA, such a transaction never even took place, even though I have the order form in my email, so there's no way they could have blocked it in the first place. I have just reached out to ModChipsDirect, waiting for an answer. Am I being scammed?

10. OuahOuah

OuahOuah GBAtemp Maniac

Oct 2, 2006
    France
    France
    Your problem is not related to GW availability o.O
    You can start a new thread...

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted