Hacking Gateway 3DS Availability

proffk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm not saying all sellers unofficiated are bad, by any means here. NH-game has been around for a while, though. I'm not too worried with their operation at present.

You really know your stuff i would definatly recommended following ryokouki advice. Buy from the officially endorsed resellers.

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You really know your stuff i would definatly recommended following ryokouki advice. Buy from the officially endorsed resellers.

I suppose I should source myself as I've been a reviewer for quite some time, so what that means is that I have been in touch with the majority of the resellers in the American/Canadian/Chinese area. ;) Thanks for the vouch, though. I appreciate it. :)

Vengenceonu

Revenge is beneath me but accidents do happen.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I suppose I should source myself as I've been a reviewer for quite some time, so what that means is that I have been in touch with the majority of the resellers in the Shenzhen/Guangzhou area. ;) Thanks for the vouch, though. I appreciate it. :)

Follow his advice? Lol his advice is called "Common sense". Very little people seem to use it these days.

Reactions: Ryukouki

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Follow his advice? Lol his advice is called "Common sense". Very little people seem to use it these days.

It really is, but sometimes you get that random case where the guy is actually confused. I just try to eliminate that confusion as much as possible. :lol:

EDIT 1: On that note if you really are that confused about flashcarts and where to buy them, feel free to send me a PM. I will happily discuss this with you.

Knoedel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i got my gateway from jordan too and its still working, im playing luigis mansion 2 right now.
by the way my package was damaged too but i thought this would be because of our customs.

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i got my gateway from jordan too and its still working, im playing luigis mansion 2 right now.
by the way my package was damaged too but i thought this would be because of our customs.

Several people have reported damaged packages as well, you're not the only one. ;) The real kicker people are asking right now is whether it will work in a few days from now.

Vengenceonu

Revenge is beneath me but accidents do happen.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Before Jordan ships his Products, he steps on them with his boots. That's how you know you got it from the Jordan Brand :P The product may not work days later but who needs reliability anyway?

stepped-on-mailer-box2.jpg

Reactions: emo kid 68

Midnight Tboy

Trophies
XP
Country
hi guys.

Do you know if all red 3DS XL's are likely to be 2012 models? Or are they still in production so some will be 2013s? Just looking at a current deal for them for £169 with Luigis Mansion given with it.

Alternatively for the same price I can get the White bundle with Mario Kart preinstalled on it, and a free NSMB2 which should certainly be 2012, however I'd prefer the red model ideally, though its an online order so can't check box myself

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi guys.

Do you know if all red 3DS XL's are likely to be 2012 models? Or are they still in production so some will be 2013s? Just looking at a current deal for them for £169 with Luigis Mansion given with it.

Alternatively for the same price I can get the White bundle with Mario Kart preinstalled on it, and a free NSMB2 which should certainly be 2012, however I'd prefer the red model ideally, though its an online order so can't check box myself
If it's through eBay or Craigslist (or something similar), ask the seller. It's not like they have to open it up (if it were new). I don't think I've heard of anyone getting a new 3DSXL (outside of the bundles or the new black version) and getting 5.0 or above.

Before I knew the date was on the box, I went to Best Buy a few weeks ago, got a Red 3DSXL, and it had 4.2 or 4.3.

Midnight Tboy

Trophies
XP
Country
If it's through eBay or Craigslist (or something similar), ask the seller. It's not like they have to open it up (if it were new). I don't think I've heard of anyone getting a new 3DSXL (outside of the bundles or the new black version) and getting 5.0 or above.

Before I knew the date was on the box, I went to Best Buy a few weeks ago, got a Red 3DSXL, and it had 4.2 or 4.3.

Hi,

thanks - unfortunately it's not - its an online order with one of our supermarkets. I suppose I could return it under UK Distance Selling Rules if it turns out the box has a different copyright year on it....so long as they let me return in store - which shouldn't be a problem I guess......or open it very very carefully so doesnt look like its been messed with. But if basically noone has ever bought a red XL recently with a >4.5 firmware on it then thats probably good news

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another factor you might be able to account for is the size of this particular shop. If they're constantly selling 3DS units, then most likely it could be newer stock. If they're small and don't sell a ton, then the units will most likely be old.

Midnight Tboy

Trophies
XP
Country
yeah - they're one of the big 4 UK supermarkets (Sainsburys)....so I suspect they'll sell quite a few, so if anything it will be more recent stock.....but wondering if they're even still making red 3ds consoles right now, or did Nintendo basically make a ridiculously large batch in 2012 and sit on lots of stock

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah - they're one of the big 4 UK supermarkets (Sainsburys)....so I suspect they'll sell quite a few, so if anything it will be more recent stock.....but wondering if they're even still making red 3ds consoles right now, or did Nintendo basically make a ridiculously large batch in 2012 and sit on lots of stock

It really depends. I am not fluent with the UK market, so all I can do is provide conjecture at this point. But so far, from what I have observed, find either a small retailer in town or try to get lucky with your purchase elsewhere.

Deleted member 333767

Trophies
XP
Hi guys. Newbie and first post here.

Just letting all the Aussie members know that the official Gateway supplier for Australia (gateway3ds.me) has just charged my credit card.

They emailed me saying they are getting stock this week and shipping next week. Hooray! :lol:

sonic2756

Friendly Neighborhood Wolf
OP
Trophies
Website
www.keenbrigade.com
XP
Country
United States
Email him and see if he'll exchange the dead card for a new working one, and be sure to let us know what he says in response to this.

Just asked for a refund. My parents aren't going to want to drive to a DHL center to mail back something defective. According to aliexpress, if its broke, I don't have to send it back.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/nRspgWaF_K0?si=SKZ48aRDQyB7vpRH