Status
Not open for further replies.

vertabray

Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
Ok. I have calm down after the news of no new3ds support as yet and have come to the realisation that waiting has its good points. What i have taken from this

1. Gw are still alive
2. They can do what they claimed
3. All the classic users are cleaning up the bugs for us new users.

Lets hope we dont wait long :)

Reactions: sparrowreal

tjexp

Happy New Year!
Trophies
XP
Country
yeah but do you have to update the red car though? or can you just put the 3.0 launcher on the sd and go tot he page with the browser and have it work?
the way it is worded on their site makes it seems like the red card update is just some minor optional update that fixes msd compatibility and makes it load faster
You don't need to update the cart to run the exploit BUT once the exploit is loaded and you're on the Gateway menu, you need to update the cart

I see I missed that part also for 8.x I guess?

Yes! :)

sparrowreal

Trophies
XP
Country
Ok. I have calm down after the news of no new3ds support as yet and have come to the realisation that waiting has its good points. What i have taken from this

1. Gw are still alive
2. They can do what they claimed
3. All the classic users are cleaning up the bugs for us new users.

Lets hope we dont wait long :)
just around the corner my friend, just around the corner

2Hack

HYPiavelli
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Canada
Im giving till February to the hype train, if not Im going to just sell everything thats inside even the seats and the passengers (you are the first 2Hack), and then Ill go to the dark side with Tommy, hell Ill even ask him for a plant job.
Have faith man. Tomorrow most likely we will see the downgrade files, and tutorials and all that. If not, then probably sunday. Then after that we will see the n3ds, not sure when though...

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh I didn't. I took it into account. What is the guarantee that ALL 3DS consoles shall be able to downgrade to that level?
I have a zelda 3DS XL and it didn't exactly come with such firmware.

well maybe someone can explain it who knows more about the 3ds, i know on the ps3 it was the syscon that prevented the downgrade past factory installed version does anyone know about the 3ds syscon or if it even has one i know nothing about 3ds architecture

inuyasha555

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Lemme get this straight, not only is the Gateway using a web exploit, but you have to run it every time you want to enter Gateway Mode? Laaaaaaame :creep:

At least there is a gateway mode for 4.5+ systems though. This also gives them the ability to let us downgrade systems so it's a big step.

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Lemme get this straight, not only is the Gateway using a web exploit, but you have to run it every time you want to enter Gateway Mode? Laaaaaaame :creep: So much for "pulling through". I'm sorry, but that's...bullshit, no one should have to downgrade to use the "offline" exploit.
This is what we call, a "rushed" release, to keep the whiners quiet XD

Reactions: logg

inuyasha555

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Can someone tell me if EMUNAND is mandatory in order to run backups?

I had to format my emuNAND before I could actually boot into gateway mode, not saying it's mandatory or anything but if you black screen when trying just format your emuNAND.

Sizednochi

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Lemme get this straight, not only is the Gateway using a web exploit, but you have to run it every time you want to enter Gateway Mode? Laaaaaaame :creep: So much for "pulling through". I'm sorry, but that's...bullshit, no one should have to downgrade to use the "offline" exploit.

They're also releasing an easy to use downgrade solution for everyone, even if you didn't buy a Gateway. I don't think that's lame... Quite awesome in fact.

Reactions: the_randomizer

mvmiranda

Trophies
Website
www.gamemod.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
For now if you're 4.5+ then you need WiFi and that 3DS internet browser

What if you turn off your 3ds and you don't have internet to run the exploit again??
Well, you don't actually neeeeeed internet and browser, just print the QR Code posted few pages ago (and in the very first pages as well) and carry it with you on your wallet of your travelling 3DS case...

Scan it and voilá :P
It's simple and I guess no one mentioned it already (I may be wrong since I didn't read all of the pages... still catching up)

Cheers!

Diag

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
hm i backed up my sd card before emunand format.. can i get my downloaded eshop titles back after that? i copied my sd backup from pc to the sd card, but the symbols are still missing.. or do i have to download them from the eshop again after updating emunand?

planetarian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
looks like i derped when i thought emunand wasn't working. seems like i did the NAND backup, got sidetracked, and thought i had formatted emunand when i hadn't. hurr durr.

tjexp

Happy New Year!
Trophies
XP
Country
What if you turn off your 3ds and you don't have internet to run the exploit again??
Well, you don't actually neeeeeed internet and browser, just print the QR Code posted few pages ago (and in the very first pages as well) and carry it with you on your wallet of your travelling 3DS case...

It's simple and I guess no one mentioned it already (I may be wrong since I didn't read all of the pages... still catching up)

Cheers!
I'll try that now actually

edit: You still need wifi :(

Errorjack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Cheers!

The QR code is just a link to the website. You still need Wifi.

Reactions: tjexp
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: leo @'d me in a thread about his last dream, stating he was passionately making out with a guy...