Hacking Gateway 3.0 : "Ultra"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lazerith

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I quite like the browser exploit since you can just bookmark it or not change the page. Boot browser and wait for it to do it's thing. Bam in GW mode.

Awesome stuff.

Problem there is that you can't go somewhere and just boot up any game. Can't boot up the card without an internet connection. So maybe booting it up, turning wifi off, and keeping the system in sleep mode would work best?

memomo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
Because the webkit 'Browser Exploit' one is already patched by big 'N' in their 9.3 release.

The Mii Maker one is (another story) best to use it for other things, and for more protected New 3DS models.

so Mii Maker is another exploit !!! which is not blocked yet ?

garyopa

Admin @ MaxConsole
Trophies
Website
www.O-P-A.biz
XP
Country
Canada
Garyopa, do you know around when the downgrader files will be released?

Should be when some others wake up as the world turns around the Sun appears in their window. -- We are all burn'ed out.. -- I am been up almost 48 hours non-stop, I crashing in about 30 minutes. -- I am on my 40th cup of coffee, and not working anymore to stay awake.

iwasaperson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Should be when some others wake up as the world turns around the Sun appears in their window. -- We are all burn'ed out.. -- I am been up almost 48 hours non-stop, I crashing in about 30 minutes. -- I am on my 40th cup of coffee, and not working anymore to stay awake.

You deserve some sleep.

HEX1GON

YEEEEEERRRRRRSSSSS
Trophies
XP
Country
Problem there is that you can't go somewhere and just boot up any game. Can't boot up the card without an internet connection. So maybe booting it up, turning wifi off, and keeping the system in sleep mode would work best?

That I didn't think of amazingly. :/

Ashtonx

n0l1f3
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland

is it? tried to run your own server and launching the html file from gateway page ?

cos what i see in source they're usin js code to run exploit

Dont Worry About it

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Get some rest man!

Ashtonx

n0l1f3
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Im guessing it won't be long until someone will write a tutorial how to setup http server with wifi access point on your smartphone.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Games with the old save encryption can still load the save fine on 9.x.
However, Smash Bros sees the save as corrupted. The rest all work fine.
So it's a safe bet that the new update on 9.x can load both old GW saves and new saves (from cartridge or from GW 3.0) just fine.
However, I wonder if they will still load after the downgrade. I'd like to downgrade so that I don't need internet every time I want to load the exploit (I'm aware it's not possible to downgrade yet), but only if that doesn't come at a disadvantage.

Makoto0729

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, is it normal for all my legally-downloaded eshop games to suddenly seemingly not exist on either sys- or emuNAND? Because none of them are visible to my 3DS at all. I can redownload them from the eShop, but are my save files just lost to eternity?

I moved them off the SD card before formatting it, and added them back, so it's not just that the format erased them.

bellcom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, is it normal for all my legally-downloaded eshop games to suddenly seemingly not exist on either sys- or emuNAND? Because none of them are visible to my 3DS at all. I can redownload them from the eShop, but are my save files just lost to eternity?

formatting for emunand deletes them

Ashtonx

n0l1f3
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland

Welcome to data management nintendo style. I've lost enough saves to keep backups for every damn thing ;P wether you lost them or not dunno but good luck.

Makoto0729

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just edited to account for that. Are the re-added files just useless?

To clarify, they're on my SD card again. Backups.

Sorry for double post.

Can't wait to see this happen :D i already laughed when thomas booted into menu without red card and couldn't turn off console.

edit:

well that was boring, i guess i'll have to wait for someone on n3ds to try and downgrade to 4.5 to have some laughs, but n3ds still isn't supported :(

you know now i am wondering because GW said not to update to 9.3 but they never said dont update regular 3ds to 9.3 but n3ds is ok to update and now we find out that n3ds uses a different entry point ,probably through miimaker QR scanner ,and GW shows n3ds working in their videos
but they delay N3ds support, so i am wondering if maybe they have some tricks up their sleeve to make it work on later fw for n3ds ,maybe that is why the delay maybe they will wait till EU and/or US launch of n3ds?maybe they think it might ship with 9.2 or less or maybe they have it working with 9.3 or 9.4 and dont want to tip off N and have them launch it with a higher FW

The reason for that is that Smash Bros. eats up all available RAM on your 3DS, even the internal running OS is overwritten. -- As such it has to crash back to plain system, nothing can be done about that, even on an original untouched 3DS using the original Smash Bros. cartridge, you will notice it does a quick reboot of your 3DS when exiting the game.

well since n3ds supposedly has double the ram i am guessing this wont be a problem when n3ds support is released

luney

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So a bunch of stuff has now disappeared from my home menu. How do I get it back?

Edit: NM fduh, I pulled the sd to backup my backedup nand lmao. False alarm!

Reactions: Ashtonx

KodyKaplish

Trophies
XP
How can i change .3ds to .3dz i all ready got my mario kart 7 valid header into my roms but i don't know how to change .3ds to .3dz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/sg0D1PpgCXs?si=rnzM6Df7jeL6FiPz