Gateway 2B1 Save Problem

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by s-arash, Dec 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. s-arash
    OP

s-arash GBAtemp Regular

Sep 3, 2013
    United States
    well it seems the save problem is not only for zelda

i got same problem with luigis mansion darkmoon , after playing about an hour in 6.3 EmuNand, pressed home and after that close

but it freezed on closing , when i came back to play again , it didnt saved my progress

didnt have this problem with previous version of gateway

2. Ryupower

Ryupower Brood

Oct 8, 2007
    United States
    well the fw is still BETA so there will be bugs

3. dagro

dagro GBAtemp Regular

Nov 20, 2013
    "even though emuNAND is not currently required to allow full game compatibility" so my question why you in firmware 6.3 unless you are playing real copy or eshop. I can run zelda lbw and save multiple times on firmware 4.5-10

4. lafleche

lafleche GBAtemp Fan

Jan 4, 2007
    Netherlands
    I don't even try the Home+X method anymore.
    As long as you only play one game the save game will be stored in the GW card.

I just powerdown the DS and the next time I just can continue where I left off (playing Batman atm).

earny likes this.
  5. Eyesenish

Eyesenish GBAtemp Regular

Sep 12, 2009
    Canada
    i dont get why is everyone having save problems, my zelda ALBW saves everytime without the slightest problem just like if it was an original cartridge

6. fantasypower999

fantasypower999 Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 25, 2013
    United States
    If I play only 1 game at a time, do I need to close the game by pushing the home button?

I've been saving using the method from someone suggested here that after you save, go back to the title screen and close the game from there. It's been working so far.

7. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    Pressing the Home button is only to backup the save from the flashcard to your SD.
    The .sav file is transfered to the flashcard only if you changed your game.

As long as you are playing the same game, you don't have to worry about not using Home+X to exit. You can even let the battery dies out, As long as you play the same game you are fine.

Attention :
    If you launch a game right after preparing your SD Card for EmuNAND, you will loose your save currently present on the flashcard.
    It will reset it, probably because the console doesn't know which game was the last played game based on the .sav file date?
    Always make a proper Home+X to backup your save on SD Card (keep them on your computer), before performing the EmuNAND Format/first relaunch.

Edit:
    Continue discussion in this thread:
    http://gbatemp.net/threads/save-problem-with-gateway-2-0b1.358529/
    one thread open per problem is enough. (no need one per game)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.