Hacking Gateway 2.0 Beta Firmware RELEASED!

RowanDDR

SNES Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
Zero problems so far, for me.

I've been messing around for about 2 hours now.. no freezes at all, no failures or unexpected behavior.

My 3ds is on 4.5 FWIW, using the 2GB packin SD card that came with the 3DS. GW diagnostic tests all complete with success.

I'm not tried any retail carts, just ROMs, emunand, eshop etc.

Emunand successfully updated.. went very smooth. I was worried because my 3DS had already downloaded the system update and had been nagging me for weeks to install. But it seems, that was not a problem for Gateway. :)

Edit: After a few days use I can confirm that I am also quite regularly getting a freeze when I try to enter the Gateway GUI (i.e. when you hold the L button).​

ViDeOmAnCiNi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Had an interesting issue.. Even tho GW claims that everything *should* work on FW 4.1-4.5, I was on FW 4.3 and it simply does not work 100%. I went thru all the steps and the emunand would NOT update from N. I had to find a retail cart with a 4.5 update on it and update my 3DS and then go back thru all the steps and then everything worked as advertised.

-VM

Reactions: Schizoanalysis

tHciNc

Total Random
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
what if a game ends up using some firmware function only found in 5.x or higher, which hasn't been ported as patch to 4.x by gateway team? crashy crashy?

hard to imagine nintendo actually didn't put anything in link between worlds to try to make it harder to pirate.

Not that Hard look at first party wii titles, people expected the worse and got nothing (except BCA data which was trivial) , what type of random functions are you expecting, and considering its the SDK they where built on more than the FW the system is running, maybe when we get SDK 6 games, we might see something, but if there are issues then EmuNAND is there, but i dont expect to see or there be any issues whatsoever with the SDK 5 games running on SystemNAND

when i was in GW 1.2 i played mario kart (borrowed ) in my 3ds and the save was not wiped, tried to play mario kart in GWmode and the console didn't recognize it

If you where playing a retail cart on 1.2, thats cause you werent actually in gw mode, i thought GW mode meant the profile hack side of things and retail games didnt work, just cause you do the blue card exploit, that isnt actually gw mode till you run the profile exploit, Retail carts dont work in GW mode, hence the addition of a classic mode, can anyone confirm even though wiped, the new saving in classic mode actually worked , or is cart blank every time ??

Also on the Hanging thing, its possibly caused by fragmentation, formatting the sd helped me at the start, i got it with 1.1 and after formating SD and copying back, didnt get it again till 2.0 :) Just seems more prevelant now, possibly hanging on the check for the EmuNAND or not, as thats the main additional addition while booting into GW mode aswell as patching for icon locations

Drenn

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wow, I really thought they'd try to lock the emunand feature to require the gateway card, but it looks like they didn't. Kudos to gateway! Currently redownloading the eshop titles I lost when I was forced to format the system memory.

justinkb

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Not that Hard look at first party wii titles, people expected the worse and got nothing (except BCA data which was trivial) , what type of random functions are you expecting, and considering its the SDK they where built on more than the FW the system is running, maybe when we get SDK 6 games, we might see something, but if there are issues then EmuNAND is there, but i dont expect to see or there be any issues whatsoever with the SDK 5 games running on SystemNAND
I guess Nintendo indeed isn't that vigilant. I recall Sony did give and still does give cfw developers a hard time in catching up with some of their firmware updates. I guess Nintendo has a good view of the amount of piracy that is actually taking place, given the fact that <4.5 firmware is required, and they might not have bothered.

RowanDDR

SNES Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
Currently redownloading the eshop titles I lost when I was forced to format the system memory.
Personally I moved my SD card contents to PC, then back to the new SD card partition after the emunamd format. Nothing lost, but annoyingly all the titles show up as "gift" icons again.. had to click like 30 gift boxes so I can launch those titles again lol. Its a hard life...

Catch22

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wow, I really thought they'd try to lock the emunand feature to require the gateway card, but it looks like they didn't. Kudos to gateway! Currently redownloading the eshop titles I lost when I was forced to format the system memory.

Did your past titles show up as paid for already? I lost my Mario cart and could not access the store without the update

justinkb

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Personally I copied SD card contents to PC, then back to the new SD card partition after the emunamd format. Nothing lost, but annoyingly all the titles show up as "gift" icons again.. had to click like 30 gift boxes so I can launch those titles again lol.
Same here. Heh. Quite annoying indeed.

Cybore

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Had an interesting issue.. Even tho GW claims that everything *should* work on FW 4.1-4.5, I was on FW 4.3 and it simply does not work 100%. I went thru all the steps and the emunand would NOT update from N. I had to find a retail cart with a 4.5 update on it and update my 3DS and then go back thru all the steps and then everything worked as advertised.

-VM

I wonder if I am getting loading into gateway issues because I am on 4.4. Are people seeing the white and gray screen on 4.5 as well? Never had any issues loading gateway whatsoever on the previous launcher.

Drenn

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Personally I moved my SD card contents to PC, then back to the new SD card partition after the emunamd format. Nothing lost, but annoyingly all the titles show up as "gift" icons again.. had to click like 30 gift boxes so I can launch those titles again lol. Its a hard life...

Actually, I had to format the system memory a while ago when I bricked DS mode - that invalidated everything on my SD card. Sad story... worked out in the end though :)
Did your past titles show up as paid for already? I lost my Mario cart and could not access the store without the update

Of course, everything is available for redownload without having to pay for it again.
I wonder if I am getting loading into gateway issues because I am on 4.4. Are people seeing the white and gray screen on 4.5 as well? Never had any issues loading gateway whatsoever on the previous launcher.

It's happened to me a few times, I'm on 4.5.

AngryGeek416

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I would say enjoy the games i and everybody who purchased them legally have already been playing for months, but you guys still don't have that ability lol...Whats the point of this again? Add Homebrew then maybe i'll be interested and even then not likely.

Reactions: the_randomizer

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://a.co/d/8tRQnqT